Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why its good to have a disposable e30 . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why its good to have a disposable e30 . . .

Courtesy of the banned one . . . .
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

There is almost nothing to hit at putnam, how the hell do people come back from events there with body damage?

Present company included.

-Charlie
    Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
    '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
    FYYFF

Comment

'lil JB Weld and that strut assembly will be like new...

Until he hits another patch of grass sideways... :p

Tom
      My new blog site: http://www.tomperso.com

Comment

thats gonna cost big $
        PNW Crew
        90 m3
        06 m5

Comment

obviously, subaru handling sucks.
          BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
            Look ma! No suspension!
            :pimp:

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

track toy

yes....its nice to know its not a 30k car if you have a shunt, altho I still track it like its 30k!!!!!!!!!!

....guess Im just a wuss.

At least my 168 hp e 30 times are quicker than my z coupe 193 hp times.

Anyhow...I ran w/ PCA for a 2 day event last week....Im running in the solo group below advanced....its a well driven group w/ some fast race cars and hot cup cars..both 964,996 and 993's.....A pristine white 2002 996 gt3..goes into a downhill turn too hot....oops, he backs off....a no no in these cars...it spins slowly into tire wall...ouch....easy 7k in damage.

yup.......its nice to track an e 30....!
              I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

with more and more insurance companies making it crystal clear that track coverage is not included, not even for "education" events, I dare say we might see more people buying up the cheaper cars.

Although, e36 prices are getting lower, and decent e30s seem to be going up - such that the two are nearly identical in their price ranges, at least when looking at early non-vanos models.
                Current Cars
                2014 M235i
                2009 R56 Cooper S
                1998 M3
                1997 M3

Comment

with more and more insurance companies making it crystal clear that track coverage is not included, not even for "education" events, I dare say we might see more people buying up the cheaper cars.

Although, e36 prices are getting lower, and decent e30s seem to be going up - such that the two are nearly identical in their price ranges, at least when looking at early non-vanos models.
                  ALERT!!!

Track coverage IS avail!!!!! Looking at @ $500 per yr for 10 events( non timed!) w/ @ 5k deductible. more events are avaialble for higher premium...20 or 30 events. You cant ask for less than 10 or like say 16 , 22 etc..it must be 10/20/30/.....Im considering this! PM me for details....its well known among DE guys w/ PCA...and I met 2 guys that had totaled cars rebuilt and covered.

Comment

Originally posted by JoelRKaplan
                    ALERT!!!

Track coverage IS avail!!!!! Looking at @ $500 per yr for 10 events( non timed!) w/ @ 5k deductible. more events are avaialble for higher premium...20 or 30 events. You cant ask for less than 10 or like say 16 , 22 etc..it must be 10/20/30/.....Im considering this! PM me for details....its well known among DE guys w/ PCA...and I met 2 guys that had totaled cars rebuilt and covered.
                    That is awesome. Well worth looking into.

5k? That would alleviate any concern for me with an E30.
                    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                      That is awesome. Well worth looking into.

5k? That would alleviate any concern for me with an E30.
                      More like not worthwhile for most E30s. Great for more expensive cars though

The deductible is the amount you must pay toward a claim before your insurance begins to pay. For example, if you have a $500 claim and your policy has a $100 deductible, you will pay $100 and your insurance will pay $400.

I don't know many (non-M3) E30s worth more than $5k to an insurance company, and none of those do DEs.

You can save that $500/yr and by the time you total your e30, you can have $$ to buy another shell.

Comment

Looked at these policies at one point - not for my e30 - a different car I had designs on.

Most of them require that it be a track only car - stored in a garage and trailered to events.

If I had a 911 for the track, or an e46, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Instead, I have a car that can be cheaply replaced.
                        Current Cars
                        2014 M235i
                        2009 R56 Cooper S
                        1998 M3
                        1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Erisa_1974
                          You can save that $500/yr and by the time you total your e30, you can have $$ to buy another shell.
                          Good point. Could depend how much money was in the car aswell.
                          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Erisa_1974
                            More like not worthwhile for most E30s. Great for more expensive cars though

The deductible is the amount you must pay toward a claim before your insurance begins to pay. For example, if you have a $500 claim and your policy has a $100 deductible, you will pay $100 and your insurance will pay $400.

I don't know many (non-M3) E30s worth more than $5k to an insurance company, and none of those do DEs.

partially correct

....it is geared to more expensive cars clearly..or cars w/ mucho bucks in them. But its also at agreed vlaue.... so the cheaper policy at around $500/yr, you are covered on agreed value of 20k!value..

ITS NOT a clear cut call here. But many prepped e 30's for track cost what 7k on up to repro?....mine is more than that including all labor costs. Now i know many here will say " my car cost me like 2 dollars to buy and i run Kmart tires...but excluding those wizards.....if my car is a write off, i rather get a 6,7, 8 10k check from the ins co then walk away w/ zilch.....I mean you're talking about 3 frappucinos per week.... whats a $500 shell gonna do for you?..... "by the time" you total that e 30....that could happen in an instant......i was running behind a gt3 last week that cooked a turn.......hello tire wall........hehe

Comment

Looked at these policies at one point - not for my e30 - a different car I had designs on.

Most of them require that it be a track only car - stored in a garage and trailered to events.

If I had a 911 for the track, or an e46, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Instead, I have a car that can be cheaply replaced.

the 911's I spoke to were all driven to track..they were dual duty cars......but Im sure there are limits on mileage etc. This is really only track coverage...no other incidences...you would piggy back it.

Comment

Working...
                              X