driving shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

driving shoes?

I think it's time for me to get a decent set of driving shoes.. I'm quite adept at left foot braking, but with the 5 speed pedals I have a hard time with my regular shoes, they are just too wide for my left and right feet to be next to each other. any suggestions?
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Puma speedcat

Comment

puma is teh big one, i used to always wear my pumas when driving but i gave up on them in teh summer and just wear my big old sneakers, i guess i have adjusted and dont get caught up anymore. although im usually in sandals and just drive bare foot.

Comment

Id save that 100 bucks towards a track day than some shoes you dont really need there Andretti. Or better yet spend it on beer, thats always smooth unlike your shifting.

I was looking at Pilotis at the Bav meet on Sat, actually didnt look so bad and Id probably wear them myself. Cant say if they actually improve driving.
        Back to my roots

Comment

I autox 2-3 times a month.. next month there is one every weekend. left foot braking makes a big difference to me, and I still have a chance at winning the local autox championship. ;)

besides, when it comes to shoes, I'm like a woman.. lol. I have 5 pairs right now :p
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I picked up some Oakley Thirteen Twenties while I was in hawaii a while ago, snazzy blue suede, and I noted that they felt great to drive in, fast forward a year and suddendly they're being marketed as race boots and you can only get them in black

Discover Sunglasses, Goggles, Apparel, and More Available at the Oakley Official Website. Make your order now and receive free shipping!

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
            RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Don't know anything about them, found them on another forum

Reebok Mens Driving Evolution Low

Robert Foster / '91 318is
              http://motorpride.com/dsp83gti/
              Wichita BMWCCA - http://wichitabmw.com/

Comment

cant go wrong with the pilotis

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
                You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

for 60 or so i got some nice retro adidas racing shoes. they arent made by a "racing" company but they are great shoes.
                  narrow toe box, high back heel, grippy rubber. they are nice for me being that my size 12 feet are a hard fit on e30 components

Comment

I just bought these.... Skechers Palms

I like them a lot, but I guess they're aren't really driving shoes.
                    Slicktop City!

Comment

+eleventy billion on the speed cats. they are cheap and really nice.
                      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

doesnt omp make driving shoes, seems like someone like europeanplates was selling them a while back. looked cool

Comment

I ordered the puma speed cats, $78 shipped (size 13).
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
                            I ordered the puma speed cats, $78 shipped (size 13).
                            Good choice. I love my speed cats; and they come in what ever color you want.

Comment

i got the addias jerz 2 suede. they are the only shoes i wear

Comment

Working...
                              X