wierd idle pass tech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wierd idle pass tech?

Well, as is my luck, after I finished my battery tie down so I could finally go autoxing tommorow, my car starts up with a fluctuating idle. At first it was 500-1000, but after about 8 startups and a couple of "italian tuneups" it now is about 500-600/700. I've got a 1.5 hour drive to the location tommorow, but at this rate I don't see it disappearing any time soon.

It is consistient and noticable. I can't find anything in the rules about idle-frequency. Of course the tech requirements differ from autox to autox, but in general would they fail you for something like that?

'88 325is
    VP UT of Austin Autoholics
    BMWCCA 380364

I dont think they would. Just try it and see lol Most places wont even have you start the car during tech.

Will
    RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
    Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
    DaveCN = Old Man
    My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
    If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

You will be fine.

Comment

Yea, you guys were right, don't need to start the car to pass tech. Anyway, a full day of autoxing had a nice way of fixing that problem. I love italian tuneups.

'88 325is
        VP UT of Austin Autoholics
        BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Your ecu resets and needs a couple hours of driving time whenever you disconnect your battery. I've found that if you drive hard (lots of WOT) it seems to catchup quicker than just cruising.

Comment

it will be fine. how do you think some of the race cars idle? there are some pretty nasty miatas around here that barely idle at all. all you really have to worry about are saftey items.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Dood, you should have left the thing alone. Everytime I disconnect my battery the car will do that until I drive it a few times. The ecu has to adjust itself after you erase it.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X