Wilwood front brake kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilwood front brake kits

Does anyone have any experience with these guys kit? Seems pretty cost effective when compared to UUC, is there any reason to run the pricy kits?

Thanks in advance

<p> NEW - BMW 3 Series E30 - Wilwood Dynalite 4 Pot Brake Kit - Race / Rally / Fast Road application. <br /> <br />Kit includes: <br />2 x Wilwood Dynalite 4 Pot Forged Calipers <br />2 x 280mm x 22mm Vented disks
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

The calipers would be fine, I'd look into who makes the rotors though so you can find replacements.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

My friend ran these on his track car... They are ok, but definitely not great. Calipers flexed a ton, not a lot of power, went through pads (Hawk DTC 30 I think, so that's probably part of the problem).

My car with E46 m3/e39 540i DTC60 stops like crazy, pretty huge difference going from one car to the other
      - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
        My friend ran these on his track car... They are ok, but definitely not great. Calipers flexed a ton, not a lot of power, went through pads (Hawk DTC 30 I think, so that's probably part of the problem).

My car with E46 m3/e39 540i DTC60 stops like crazy, pretty huge difference going from one car to the other
        The calipers flexed, or the adapter mounts flexed? Those calipers are used in a TON of applications and I haven't heard anything bad about them thus far.

Comment

This kit appears to just be a stock-caliper replacement setup? Seems odd that they wouldn't just say that.

In addition, that is a pretty tiny caliper (piston wise). Begs one wonder why they wouldn't just go stock instead of this one.
          -------

Just looked at their "larger" 280mm kit (really?)... really not a fan of the mounting bracket design. Additionally, that caliper is slightly larger, but it is the one I used to use on 2002 systems, not the heavier E30.
          --------

I'm all for BBK's but these heavily lean on the "bad design decisions, why bother" end of the spectrum.
          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Adapters were steel, so I'd imagine it was the calipers.
            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

The small Willwoods are pretty well-known for flexing. Not to say they're bad, just that other (larger) monoblock calipers are probably better. Since rigidity and cheaper pads are the primary reason to ditch the stock calipers, I'd skip it.

Comment

Working...
              X