No announcement yet.

betafoam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or you could do some seam welding........
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Isn't there a new Ford or GM truck SUV that is currently advertized as being "filled" with foam? It should work to had strength, and keep sheetmetal from resonating. But if we remembers Ford's old Aerostar minvan, it had foam-filled rocker panels that rotted within a couple of years. That was a major blow for whatever company made those minivans.
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

We've had to part out/scrap 2 M3 shells due to products like this.
        Entire shell rusted away due to holding water from the foam.

$.02
        Below the radar...

Comment

what's the advantage? i'm still not seeing this
          Recent Rebranding!!
          Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
          E30 SM62/S62
          E30 M60 V8
          E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
          Instagram.com/garageaholic
          Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Just a thought. Im going with the autopower roll bar.

M3fan its supposed to increase rigidity while only adding 10-20 pounds, and maybe quiet down the interior.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
              We've had to part out/scrap 2 M3 shells due to products like this.
              Entire shell rusted away due to holding water from the foam.

$.02
              What brand foam did you use? Some foams repel water others absorb it.

Comment

how do you know which foam to use?

This any good?
                Last edited by dgmorr; 03-21-2007, 06:05 AM.

Comment

yeah, go a head and fill your car with that shit.

you obviously didnt read the article

Comment

It's a simple answer. I read the article and I see no foam like that at my local hardware store.

Comment

Originally posted by dgmorr View Post
                      how do you know which foam to use?

This any good?
                      http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...k=P_PartNumber
                      That is seriously hilarious.

Actually, to answer your question seriously, I think what would be most desirable would be some memory foam. It might be a pain to install, but the gains would surely be worth it.

try here: http://www.memoryfoamfactory.com/

Comment

Ok, I guess I'll just stop asking. Not everyone is a construction worker...

Comment

If you got your head outta your ass you would realize that the foam needed isn't your standard insulating foam.

With basic reading comprehension, it is possible to see that in the article posted, they suggest a Foamseal product. Although that might seem like a reasonable place to start looking for info, you were apparently oblivious to this.

Because you can't function on your own, I will give you a link that a regular person would have easily found. Whether you will be able to make anything out of this or not, I am not sure.

Comment

i have heard this used in the early model nissan skylines to increse raginity(i think thats the word) but they used it to stiffin it even more after a roll cage was installed it also brings the weight distrabution closer to the ground

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerboy570 View Post
                              i have heard this used in the early model nissan skylines to increse raginity(i think thats the word) but they used it to stiffin it even more after a roll cage was installed it also brings the weight distrabution closer to the ground
                              You mean increase 'rigidity'

And putting foam in the frame rails is going to have a very minimal effect on the weight distribution
                              San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Originally posted by FJ40 View Post
                                If you got your head outta your ass you would realize that the foam needed isn't your standard insulating foam.

With basic reading comprehension, it is possible to see that in the article posted, they suggest a Foamseal product. Although that might seem like a reasonable place to start looking for info, you were apparently oblivious to this.

Because you can't function on your own, I will give you a link that a regular person would have easily found. Whether you will be able to make anything out of this or not, I am not sure.

http://www.foamseal.org/automotive.htm
                                Figured you'd take the easy route, but like I said, I can't find it LOCALLY.

Comment

Working...
                                X