1/4 track results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/4 track results

just visited va motorsports pk today. it was my first time..my best was a reaction time of .190 and 1/4 mile time of 15.5. i beat a srt4 and vw gli..i felt lonely because i was the only one there without some type of mustang!

STATS:
    R/T... .056
    60'.... 2.413
    300... 6.530
    1/8... 9.981
    MPH.. 70.83
    1000.. 12.952
    1/4.... 15.503
    MPH... 87.68

whats done to my car:
    lightened flywheel
    7 series rear end
    bored out .040
    325i head conversion with i injection
    325i exhaust
    Last edited by threlevenguy; 04-07-2007, 04:35 PM. Reason: found my time sheets

Originally posted by threlevenguy View Post
    just visited va motorsports pk today. it was my first time..my best was a reaction time of .190 and 1/4 mile time of 15.5. i beat a srt4 and vw gli..i felt lonely because i was the only one there without some type of mustang!
    what was your trap speed and 60 ft ? reaction time doesn't matter in drag racing.
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Reaction time does not matter in DRAG RACING?????????? ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY?? OR ARE YOU JUST SLOW MINDED?? IF you have ever gone bracket racing ....EVER... You will know that unless there is no leadership from the event coordinator at the track, reaction time and consistency are the most important things you can focus on! " Reaction time Does not matter"....WOW!

On another note, That is awesome that you had a good time at the track. what have you done to your car? Have you ever tried auto X? That is allot of fun.
      ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

Originally posted by E30Idea View Post
        Reaction time does not matter in DRAG RACING?????????? ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY?? OR ARE YOU JUST SLOW MINDED?? IF you have ever gone bracket racing ....EVER... You will know that unless there is no leadership from the event coordinator at the track, reaction time and consistency are the most important things you can focus on! " Reaction time Does not matter"....WOW!

On another note, That is awesome that you had a good time at the track. what have you done to your car? Have you ever tried auto X? That is allot of fun.
        I concur. Had you said "in comparing 1/4 mile times or trap speeds or 60' or.... etc", you may have been right, however in drag RACING, reaction time is often the largest deciding factor.

Anyways, congrats on the virgin drag experience! ;)

Ben

Comment

I think it's funny that all the M50 swap guys are barely faster, if at all, than a stock 325i..
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

congrats on beatin that srt4 man. NASA is doin an autox tmw at the same site, VMP. could be a very complete weekend for ya... its only 60% full so it seems everyone will get hella runs.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              I think it's funny that all the M50 swap guys are barely faster, if at all, than a stock 325i..

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by E30Idea View Post

:ohsnap: I've done it enough to know how it works. I can sit there all day then go, clock won't start clicking until the tires cross the line. It has no effect on your 1/4 mile time or trap speed.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  Me too.. After all that work.

Comment

not bad, for a rook

Comment

slower than my stock grand cherokee...

Comment

if you beat a SRT4 at 15,5 that guy was a bad driver. Not that I like SRT4s, but I was beat in my M3 running a 14,3 by 2/10s of a second. but still, a 15,5 seems alright.

reaction time does matter in bracket racing, but yeah if you just want to know how fast it is, it wont matter. but thats kinda boring to just run grudge style.

Comment

Half-decent MPH considering you've probably got super low compression with your e to i head swap, unless you added different pistons?

Get your 60ft down to 2.0 or less and you'll be near 14s.

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
                          '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
                          '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
                          SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

you need grippy rear slicks, a high gear ratio rear end (3.73 or higher), and a strong clutch to be a good drag racer.

work on valving with shocks like QA1's to get good weight transfer and you can probably hit 14's.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                              :ohsnap: I've done it enough to know how it works. I can sit there all day then go, clock won't start clicking until the tires cross the line. It has no effect on your 1/4 mile time or trap speed.
                              he's right as far as your time goes, clock doesnt start till the tires cross the line.. but when it comes to actually competing against another car its very important. everyone is right! hey look at that..

Comment

Working...
                              X