good camera mount for my 325is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good camera mount for my 325is?

Hey guys, i plan on autoX'ing the car soon and want to know if you have any ideas for a homemade camera mount, or buying a good one. Money isnt really that big of a deal, i just dont want some piece of junk that causes the camera to vibrate getting bad footage. Do you guys isolate the camera with foam? Thanks in advance

I have a $20.00 one that works great. The mount itself isn't usually the problem, it's where you mount it that can be. Mounting it to a roll bar is guaranteed to be a solid non shaking area. If you have a decent camera that also helps.

Mine is mounted to the passenger head rest and I use the harness to hold the seat in place. It hardly moves.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I have this
      SPS has been providing autocross track day racing race car numbers, graphics and more since 1984. We are the St. Louis Racing gear headquarters with a select of helmets, gloves, harnesses and more in stock

works pretty well, very nicely made, etc.

no matter where you mount it, you will want a camera with image stability. my videos are pretty smooth with it mounted to the headrest, and my passenger seat isn't really that stable (it needs rebuilt pretty badly in fact).
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

why dont you just fab something up that can bolt up to the bottom of the back seat. when you wanna use it take your back seat out. i dont think it would be to hard to do and can be very sterty
        NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

I have seen these in person and would recommend them to anyone.

Your success is the reward! I've been coding since 1983, starting with a Commodore 64, and most of my time coding has been spent building complex scripts that most could not. The many products you buy for your computer, or website, or phone, are all built with one ubiquitous framework ... complexity. Download Now I
          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

i just built one wednesday for about $26.00. bought a cheap tripod from wal-mart that i could isolate the ball mount from and 4 ft. section of 3/4" aluminum square tubing from home depot. at first, i tried drilling appropriate sized holes in the tubing so it would slip through the headrest posts but i had too much vibration. so then i picked up some 3/8" wire rope clamps and wrenched the everloving piss out of them to the headrest posts. it's now solid and the only time it shakes is when i shake the seat violently. I'll be near a camera again on tuesday, i'll take some pics if you want...

/

Comment

OK, here's what I ended up doing:

Picked up some wire rope clamps from hardware store I used 3/8".

They look like this. Just bigger. These are 1/4":

Cut necessary holes in aluminum tubing to attach the clamps so it will mount to the headrest posts like this. Torque the bejeesus out of them.

Comment

Im impressed!
                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Comment

I agree ataching them to the seat is a great idea, because they hardly move, that bar is a great idea. If there is a roll cage it can also be attahced there. It will hardly move, make sure you have a descent mount for camera though.

Comment

Working...
                  X