No announcement yet.

More track time at PIR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I can tell the event is all full. Is there a way me and another friend of mine can get into the event? Am I out of luck?

If I can't get into this track day when is one that I can get into, I would like to get registered for something ahead of time so that I can be sure its going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
      Mon July 30 Rose City Corvette Club. I may go to this.

Thurs Aug 2nd Gran Prix Imports

Fri the 3rd BMW ACA Jen and I will both be instructing.

Sun 5th Porsche - maybe

17th Cascade club

30th Team Continental

31st Lotus - another maybe

Keith
      Where is the Porsche day on the 5th? I can't find it on the PIR, PR, or any of the bmw or porsche club websites.

I'm signed up for the 3rd I'll see you there.

Looks like i'm wearing the outside of my RA-1s (I only have about -2 degrees of camber). Does anyone know anyone in the Portland area that will flip my tires? I asked at Les Schwab and they won't mount a unidirectional tire the wrong way for liability reasons.

Keith-
      You running or have you run any of the gran prix import track days? Are they well run track days or are they shelby club events?

Comment

Originally posted by BM5W View Post
        Where is the Porsche day on the 5th? I can't find it on the PIR, PR, or any of the bmw or porsche club websites.

I'm signed up for the 3rd I'll see you there.

Looks like i'm wearing the outside of my RA-1s (I only have about -2 degrees of camber). Does anyone know anyone in the Portland area that will flip my tires? I asked at Les Schwab and they won't mount a unidirectional tire the wrong way for liability reasons.

Keith-
        You running or have you run any of the gran prix import track days? Are they well run track days or are they shelby club events?

Try A n T Tire in North Portland. They are the "racers" tire place. I'm sure they'd do it.

I'll be at the Aug 3rd BMW day. Uh...with the Acura of course.
        Remember that PIR closes early this year. Sept 1st it's closed for the rest of the year.
        Last edited by joshh; 07-23-2007, 05:32 PM.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Mark - Look forward to seeing you. I agree with Josh on A-n-T tire.

Josh - On the track? I'll find you or find us. Green e36 with a roll bar - I'll have an awning set up, so bring a lawn chair.

Keith

Comment

Doh! It's sold out already. I might be screwed for the rest of this year.

Looks like the Lotus 31st might be the last option.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Hey Keith, since you don't have a running E30, are you gonna drive a Yugo?

Luke

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Funny man, Luke. I'll drive Jen's car in the advanced group.

Mark - the Porsche day is at PIR (I think it was a late addition) Check with Don C. to see if there is space available. A nice thing about being an instructor is that there is always space available. Hint, hint, Mark. See you at instructor training day next year.

There is also a 2 day event in Spokane in Oct.

Keith

Comment

I wish it weren't 2 hours each way. I would love to come and watch.

Closing SOON!
                  "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Thanks for the tip regarding A-n-t tire.

I tried to register for the porsche event, but it is full so I am waitlisted. I noticed there was a group called "instructor candidate"... I'll call up Don C. and see what he says. I really would like to instruct.

Comment

I'm glad you want to be an instructor Mark. Tim has talked very highly of you and was going to approach you about joining to ranks. You'll need a Chatter Box (Greg has a few left - catch him early on the 3rd - he is leaving shortly after the drivers meeting) and a very open mind. It can be frustrating and/or rewarding and you feel kind of lost the first few times you do it. ( I'm still learning )

Keith

Comment

Keith,
                        I am interested in the Spokane deal, who all is headed up? Don't let me forget to get some info from you on Friday. Sorry we missed you at Don's a few months back. It was a fun evening. Also, please send the name or # of the cage guy that did Jen's car. It's a project I want to do this winter.

See you Friday,
                        David

Comment

Dave - You know that you are too old to be on this board, right?:D

In case I don't see you - It's a nicely organized event. Sign up on the BMW Inland Empire web site. You contact will be Scott Adaire. Almost everyone stays at the Travel Lodge at Green Lake I think, about 10 mins from the track. Lunch is provided on sat and sun along with breakfast at the hotel and dinner for everyone on sat night.

Russ at Racetech Fabrication did the work on Jen's car. You going PRO3???

See ya friday.

Keith

Comment

Working...
                          X