Rear track pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear track pads

I'm currently running Hawk Ht-10s up front and toyo ra-1s all around. I am only using PBR metal masters in the rear. I noticed that my rear brakes get really hot even on the steet. I don't think there is any cool air that gets to them. I was thinking about getting a set of ht-10s for the rear. Will I notice a difference? Is it worth 140 bucks?

Thanks,
    -Mark

I don't know if you'll notice the difference, but I've tried HT-10s in front and HPS in the rear and I think the car feels more balanced under threshold braking with HT10s all around.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I've found through numerous combinations of pads front to rear that I felt most comfortable with pads that have similar characteristics (cold bite and operating temps).

As for feeling the difference. I can't imagine you wouldn't feel the difference with pads that work better together than a track pad/street pad combination.

Comment

Do e30s use rear pads quite a bit ? I've tracked some of my previous cars and hever had to upgrade rear pads at all, just the front pads. (hawk hp+, carbotech panther plus).
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Where do you guys get your HT-10's?
          85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
          e30 restoration and V8 swap
          24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

pads

e 30 m20's dont use much rear..but its good to combine certain pads over others...to not overuse the frts. My rear pads last like 10 track days..but Im ez on pads...mintex 1144...ht 10...hp plus...metal master(axxis ultimate).....carbotech panther

Im on 1144's now..I love em...but they r like 90 bucks. Id go w/ hp plus for a budget...or ultimates(which most peeps dont like..mine were just fine)..

try BW for hawk......search the net.....brakeworld..tire rack....mucho to choose from.
            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by BM5W View Post
              I'm currently running Hawk Ht-10s up front and toyo ra-1s all around. I am only using PBR metal masters in the rear. I noticed that my rear brakes get really hot even on the steet. I don't think there is any cool air that gets to them. I was thinking about getting a set of ht-10s for the rear. Will I notice a difference? Is it worth 140 bucks?

Thanks,
              -Mark
              on the street?...thats strange...the ht's wont get more air..and I would not use ht 10 for street mainly..but I do drive on em to tracks.

Unless you track alot...10's in rear are NOT worth it.
              I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Alright it sounds like it definitely isn't worth the money. Thanks for the advice.

Here is where I got my last set of pads.

They have pretty competitive prices.

I went with the DTC-60, but I have not tried them out yet.

Comment

Working...
                X