AutoX Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AutoX Question

Ok, at the shop that I work at one of our mechanics has a 5-lug swap, along with our shop car. What class should these two cars run in?

I'm thinking DM since the suspension has been changed out to later stuff for the 5-lug.

Anyone with 5-lug auto-x'ing and what to shed some light?
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

I dont have a 5 lug swap but I know that if you dont change the geometry of the suspension and only do the conversion you can still run in DSP. I am basing this answer only on your question. Without knowing what else is done to these vehicles it is rather hard to class them. I hope that helps.

-Ryan
    ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

E36 suspension changes the suspension geometry.

e30's belong in EP, I believe, when running in Prepared.
      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
      e30 restoration and V8 swap
      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Well, the only thing that we have actually done to the car is change the suspension for 5-lug using 318ti rear end stuff, E36 325i front hubs, E36 M3 (97+) control arms, E30 M# CAB's, E46 325ci rear springs, not sure what front springs are on there atm, 750iL 25mm master cylinder, 5-speed swap, no carpet (going to be stripping it soon).
        I think the one thing that REALLY puts us into DM is the lack of interior.
        My 2.9L Build!

There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
          Well, the only thing that we have actually done to the car is change the suspension for 5-lug using 318ti rear end stuff, E36 325i front hubs, E36 M3 (97+) control arms, E30 M# CAB's, E46 325ci rear springs, not sure what front springs are on there atm, 750iL 25mm master cylinder, 5-speed swap, no carpet (going to be stripping it soon).
          I think the one thing that REALLY puts us into DM is the lack of interior.
          That's Prepared, probably E Prepared. You can have a fully gutted, heavily modified car in Prepared. Modified is for custom built, non-factory, purpose built race vehicles.

That's the way I read the rules anyway. Google "2007 SCCA rules" for the rule book PDF, and when you have a few hours, read up.

Comment

Ok, that makes sense about the Prepped classing. I knew it would be pretty far up there and wasn't sure about Prepped or Modded.
            Thanks for the clarification.
            My 2.9L Build!

Comment

Why not stx?

Comment

changing hubs to 5-lug bumps you out of SP classes.

Comment

Originally posted by surebimmer View Post
                  Why not stx?
                  Because every one of his mods listed bump him out of it.

Originally posted by xLibelle View Post
                  changing hubs to 5-lug bumps you out of SP classes.
                  I think he knows that, but he though he was in Modified, while he is actually allowed in Prepared.

Comment

SM does not allow interior removal, just the rear seats can go. Passenger seat still have to be present btw.
                    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                      SM does not allow interior removal, just the rear seats can go. Passenger seat still have to be present btw.
                      I think he knows that too, he was referring to Modified, not Street Modified.

Comment

Yea, I wouldn't want to be running in SM anyways with the EVO's that are on slicks and running like 8 seconds faster than me anyways....lol
                        My 2.9L Build!

Comment

Working...
                        X