Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How well will a stock salvage yard M20B25 stand up to race track usage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would 100% recommend a Salvage yard motor if you can get any history from it or can see the car it came from. I would definitely not throw an unknown condition motor into your car...
    Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
    That Guy.
    03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

I guess I should add also that I picked up my engine at a salvage yard. $2300 or $3200 in reciepts (cant remember for sure) for a fresh rebuild. I got the entire car wrecked with 1,500 miles on that rebuild for $500.

Comment

Nice find!
        Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
        That Guy.
        03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
          I guess I should add also that I picked up my engine at a salvage yard. $2300 or $3200 in reciepts (cant remember for sure) for a fresh rebuild. I got the entire car wrecked with 1,500 miles on that rebuild for $500.
          Yep, $2000-$2500 seems to be the going rate for a full rebuild for these motors with new pistons and rockers.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmasta View Post
            Nice find!
            I've had a few good finds.

It was an 85k car. Got it with a clean title. Very odd car though. It was a '89 325is with a 4-spoke steering wheel and comfort seats. It was also badged as a 325es..

I dont really know what spec the motor was rebuilt to, but it broke a new motor and tranny mount within a couple of weeks of driving before it was wrecked (which is how I got it).

It's going in my car this weekend, and I'll get a baseline some time in the near future.

But yeah, it was a good find.

Comment

Working...
            X