Blue tape for Auto-X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue tape for Auto-X?

Want to run but not hurt my shiny new G6 in Auto-X.

Where should I put tape to avoid injury? Front, behind each wheel near rockers, and mirrors?

thanks.

and funny design can be incorporated after worrying about protecting it

Quit being such a puss and just use it to put numbers on the car. :razz:
    :: PNW Crew ::
    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Behind each front wheel and behind each rear wheel. Bottom/front of mirrors in case anything flies up from the front tires. Make sure to do the perimeter of the license plate and antenna. Those are usually the most vulnerable. Hope this helps! :)
      Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Wgaf
        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

if u are not running slicks then dont even bother, u see more rocks and debry driving every day on the road then u see at autox, your tires wont pick enough up rocks to do anything
          James Burger
          DynotechMotorsports

Comment

:D
            Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
            Wgaf

street tires won't pick stuff up. On R's I'd run the tape. I'm guessin' you aren't going to slap a set of Hoosiers or 710's on a G6. ?
            sigpic

88 325is

Comment

Originally posted by DSP74 View Post

street tires won't pick stuff up. On R's I'd run the tape. I'm guessin' you aren't going to slap a set of Hoosiers or 710's on a G6. ?
              depends on how hot you get them :p
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by DynoTechMotorsports View Post
                if u are not running slicks then dont even bother, u see more rocks and debry driving every day on the road then u see at autox, your tires wont pick enough up rocks to do anything
                Not the roads I take to work and home. The most debris I see in a day is some paper or a plastic bag. A beaten down parking lot and the country roads to there is a different realm than what the car is usually driven on.

And if I see pebbles near a construction site or whatnot, I slow down... not in Auto-X

Comment

These are the exact places you need to put the Blue Tape.

Trust me!

Most people think this was for aesthetic purposes. However, I was really doing it for paint protection as you mentioned.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Moo Moo

Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Are you calling my car "fat"???
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I like that! Both practical and aesthetically...um, yah, well definitely practical!

Comment

Do you get better times running 91 octane or e85 ? ?

Comment

1 noob down

Originally posted by Psyops View Post
                            I like that! Both practical and aesthetically...um, yah, well definitely practical!

Comment

That's awesome.

There's an older guy at the local auto-x that every event, he does a set of 3 stripes in a different place on his STi every time. He does a really good job too, up until the last event, I didn't know they were blue tape.

Comment

Working...
                              X