Calling all Tall drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all Tall drivers

I am 6’5”, I bought corbeau seat brackets for my off brand seats. If I use the seat brackets I have no room for my helmet. I am going to have to try and make a bracket that is stationary and low as possible. Has anyone tried this? Thanks

Farbin?

Comment

If you want the most headroom, just ditch any of those sliders. Any pair of sidemount Sparcos will do the trick. You can bolt the sidemounts directly to the floor, and mount the seat as low as you want until it hits the floor.

That's how I have my Sparco Evo mounted.

Erik

Comment

Wanna sell me the sliders?

You could put a bubble in your roof or whatever its called. The guy I work for did it to his Genetta....or was it the ISO Daytona? I dunno, doesn't matter. The post above tell the best idea ;)

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

no sliders. removing the sunroof cassette helps too..
          '12 F30 328i Sport Line
          '91 SpecE30 #523
          '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

the recaro sliders are height adjustable i hear. thats what im going to run in mine. not the cheapest ($100 a piece) but you gotta do it right ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
              Wanna sell me the sliders?

You could put a bubble in your roof or whatever its called. The guy I work for did it to his Genetta....or was it the ISO Daytona? I dunno, doesn't matter. The post above tell the best idea ;)
              Yeah I want to sell the brackets and sliders. PM me.

Comment

Are the seats bottom or side mount?

If they are side mount: OEM sliders with Massive Side mount brackets. Case closed!

I sit about 1-2ft lower with my Buddy Club seat.
                Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post

If they are side mount: OEM sliders with Massive Side mount brackets. Case closed!

1-2ft? does that mean you're on the ground? :p
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Basically :p

In all seriousness, back on the Corbeaus with bottom mount brackets, my helmet has very little clearance from the roof. When I put the cage in, I couldn't hold my head up straight as the cage was pushing my head to the side.

Now I have about a foot (and I'm willing to measure it) with the helmet on. :)

Before:

After:
                    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

Feedback Thread

Comment

If your seats can be side mounted, a custom bracket can have the bottom of the seat about 1" above the floor pan. My Sparco Evo is mounted this way and with sliders the bottom of the seat is about 1-1/2" above the floor pan. The bracket was built from some 1/8" flat stock and a couple of pieces of 3/4" square tubing. I chopped off the short leg of the sparco side mounts and welded each side mount to a slider to reduce the stack height of the assembly. I haven't yet come across an E30 with a seat mounted this low.
                      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post

What seat do you have? I may have to fork over the bucks for a EVO.

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                          the recaro sliders are height adjustable i hear. thats what im going to run in mine. not the cheapest ($100 a piece) but you gotta do it right ya know.
                          height adjustable sliders wont get you the lowest. non-adjustable recaro sliders on speedware bracket will

height adjust's bracket limits how low you can go (wedge engineering low brackets)

vs. non adjust / speedware. if you are handy you can modify height adjust to non... and i found them for ~$60-70 not $100

Of course, at 6'5", might just be best to go for side mounts...

Comment

Originally posted by sennafan View Post
                            What seat do you have? I may have to fork over the bucks for a EVO.
                            I have a Buddy Club. It's the best value seat hands down (before you start getting into the FIA approved seats).

- Erick

Feedback Thread

Comment

I used four pieces of 1" angle iron, my seat is about 1-1/8" off the floor. You could use some 2" and then cut down one side on all of them to keep minimum height but still have adjustment side to side.

This is basically what I did. Cheap and easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X