Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M14 x 1.5 to m12 x 1.5 Reducer?

What I am looking to do;

I have an M12 x 1.5 sensor that I plan to use as an auxiliary temp sensor for water/coolant temp. I would like to use the spare bungs on the thermostat housing, but both of mine appear to me M14 x 1.50 (please correct me if I am wrong).

Which adapter should I be using for this? I know Lowes has brass (brass seems like a bad idea), not even sure if they are the correct pitch or should I order something online? Asking the pros.

P.S. Lost a contact who I always borrowed a tap set from. I would prefer to use one of the spare bungs as that would look better in my opinion. Taking suggestions from the pros.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by HerbE30; 06-03-2020, 02:00 PM.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Will probably try to tap through the m14 bolt and thread it to m12. Seems a bit close. If it looks like it's going to crumble I'll just tap the proper side on the thermostat housing.

Sensor gauge I wanted to run has m12x1.50. Late update.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Hey Digger. Thanks for the reply! I forgot to update, but that is the exact thing I ordered. Drilled out the center and works great! I got on here looking for the washer that is suppose to sandwich between the plug and bung.

Big thanks!
        20% Accurate

Comment

Working...
        X