A good sunroof FAQ sticky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good sunroof FAQ sticky

Someone needs to write a really detailed write up on how the sunroof works (function wise and how it repels water), can be repaired, and common issues because most e30s have them and I can't count the number of times I went looking for information in a million different places.

That is all.

A sticky on fixing sunroofs would be amazing!! I need to fix mine ASAP..

Comment

it would help with my moonroof instal also...

Comment

+1

Wouldn't mind knowing how to get the sucker apart to change the cables.
        1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
          +1

Wouldn't mind knowing how to get the sucker apart to change the cables.
          That's actually pretty easy. Remove the panel, and unscrew all of the plates. Then crank the sunroof all the way as if you were cranking it open. Once it's all the way cranked back you should be able to just pull them out with some cranking to help them out. Now reinstallation requires some lining up and precise cranking.

I just did this on my car.

Comment

Yeah my sunroof doesnt work when i roll back it doesnt go no where

Comment

Mine has been fuxord for like 5 years, but has not gotten any worse.

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

i want to know how to fix the dam problem

Comment

Originally posted by ThaiRacer View Post
                  Yeah my sunroof doesnt work when i roll back it doesnt go no where
                  Originally posted by ThaiRacer View Post
                  i want to know how to fix the dam problem
                  Sounds like you need a new sunroof motor. I do too. There should be a blank plastic plate next to the check light panel, pull that off and the motor is in there.

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

Originally posted by GOOBER View Post
                    That's actually pretty easy. Remove the panel, and unscrew all of the plates. Then crank the sunroof all the way as if you were cranking it open. Once it's all the way cranked back you should be able to just pull them out with some cranking to help them out. Now reinstallation requires some lining up and precise cranking.

I just did this on my car.
                    if you take your crank off you can just push the cables in all the way forward and no precision cranking is needed.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

installation is the only thing stopping me from buying and installing a moonroof....someone make a sticky!!!!

(OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO) ///Motorsport
                      In this world, things aren't black & white. Its Delphin!

Parts, Buy Them--> http://picasaweb.google.com/transatl...eat=directlink

Snowboard & video game stuff --> http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=148645

Originally posted by Steve92E34
                      Your car is breathing my air, and so are you.
                      AND you are both still slow

Comment

Working...
                      X