Detailing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detailing?

Just wondering what kinda interest there would be in a detailing subforum. Not one of the smaller tabs like the 24v forum, or regional ones, but a more substantial forum section (like in the General section) for strictly detailing, car care, questions, products, etc..... I'm pretty into detailing now, and I get quite a few questions in regards to car care, cleaning, detailing, etc... I think a forum for detailing would benefit a lot... There could be a stickied question thread, people could post write ups, product reviews, etc....

What thinks you?

Also, possibly a section for the detailers to discuss products, technique, prices, etc.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

I'm down, but usually visit autoutopia.org or bimmerforums detailing section.
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

Comment

I venture to bf.c and IWSTI for most of my detailing threads, but why not have a smaller one here?

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

I'd like it as bf.c is snooty sometimes.
        Continuous For Sale Thread
        323i s50

Comment

I am also on Autotopia.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Yeah, the other sites can be a little snooty, this could be a little more low key or something...

Comment

***The Official Low-Key Detailing Thread***
              - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
              Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

Would be real nice!

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
                Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
                I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

So, Jparker, is this a possibility? I've never ventured into the suggestions sub forum... Is there a vote, do we need a certain level of interest? What?

Comment

Do ittttt

Comment

Bump for some more mod / member attention? I think it'd be cool to have our own detailing section. I enjoy making a car look great, and I know there's probably an amazing amount of members with questions on how to correct technique, or what products to avoid, etc.

Comment

I vote yes.
                        '91 E30 316i
                        '97 Rover Mini 1275

Comment

I think for newcomers, and DIY wash wax and polish or whatever would be nice.

-Dash and console care
                          -Carpet
                          -Leather vinyl etc?

I think its a good idea

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

i like the idea, especially cuz r3v's oranized alot better then e30tech or bf.c! i hate going to those sites, their just too cluttered with ads and crap.
                            sigpic
                            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Sounds good but I mean how much could there be to say about it? I mean I would love to put my patented all windex detail instructions on this site.
                              West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
                              ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X