No announcement yet.

A War chip/Megasquirt subforum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't think the idea would have this much attention if I posted it, glad you did XD I'd definitely be down for a WAR room. I'd contribute my Super-Eta tune after I dyno the car.
    ///Z

1988 BMW 325 Super Eta - Elsa

"i"CONVERSIONWARchip&3.0MAF3.73LSDBBSRSsSMILIES"is"SPOILER+LIPHOUNDSTOOTHSHORTSHIFTERPLASTICBUMPERCONVERSIONEtc.

Sell Me Your SCHWARZ FENDERS!

Originally posted by chadthestampede
    ^ Nothing you post makes any sense.

Comment

This would be great! I plan on going with a MS system. I know we have plenty of members here that are already involved with MS and WAR systems to some degree and plenty of members who want to learn about these systems and make use of them in their cars.
      I am not sure if R3V could have a library of tunes, but at least a sub forum would give us a place to talk about who has what tunes, and exchange contact info so that we could send each other tunes.
      This would bring a whole new level intricacy to R3V and really increase its value.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Ask and ye shall receive.

I'd be hesitant about posting W.A.R tunes. Need to talk to Brody @ Miller and see how we can help with that first.

Comment

Nice addition, James! I am sure that once people start getting more hands on with their tuning on standalones and the alike, we will be able to be just as a good contribution to the E30 community as e30tech is. I currently have plans for Megasquirt, so this is a plus for me once it gets up and going.
          1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
          2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
          2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Nice!

7speedshop.com

Comment

Sweet!
              sigpic
              "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Thanks!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

As a Miller MAF/W.A.R. combo customer I was able to load 4 tunes from Millers library, save them to my computer, then keep on loading the rest, 4 at the time until downloaded whole collection.

What I'm not sure about the legallity of sharing those files, or my modied files (based on Millers) with non Miller customers.
                  I would think that it's ok between their actual customer.
                  Last edited by fporro; 02-07-2012, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                    Ask and ye shall receive.

I'd be hesitant about posting W.A.R tunes. Need to talk to Brody @ Miller and see how we can help with that first.

Awesome! Many thanks!

As long as it was not their actual tunes that they developed, I would imagine they have no control over it really. The intellectual property they have is the software they developed, and the tunes that they specifically developed for it and the war chip.

As long as nobody was stupid, daft, or plain inconsiderate enough to share the tunes or the software they developed it should be fine. If it's not a tune they made, it's pretty well out of their hands.

But, I could and am very willing to be wrong.
                    Last edited by TurboJake; 02-08-2012, 01:27 AM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

^ Yeah, I'd be sharing tunes made through a 3rd party dynoing my car, not through Miller, so I'd think the same as you.
                      ///Z

1988 BMW 325 Super Eta - Elsa

"i"CONVERSIONWARchip&3.0MAF3.73LSDBBSRSsSMILIES"is"SPOILER+LIPHOUNDSTOOTHSHORTSHIFTERPLASTICBUMPERCONVERSIONEtc.

Sell Me Your SCHWARZ FENDERS!

Originally posted by chadthestampede
                      ^ Nothing you post makes any sense.

Comment

nice thanks!

Comment

And wow that forum took off!
                          Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                          A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Excellent!!