• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
    sup bro
    bahahahaha

Comment

I would tell you what the account is, but I don't want to go through the trouble of registering a third time. I guess you accomplished your goal which is getting me to only post there barely at all.

Believe it or not we've actually spoken and agreed on one or two things on e30tech since I've been banned, and you seem like a decent enough guy despite banning so I guess I'll leave it at that. I brought it up more to express my displeasure at how e30tech is run than anything.
      Originally posted by LJ851
      I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
        I brought it up more to express my displeasure at how e30tech is run than anything.
        well, from what i've seen in this thread, it seems like your concerns with e30tech management differ from others'.

if you were to bitch about all the ad banners, or the various other ways that the site owner only bothers with anything that puts money in his wallet while the mods maintain everything on a volunteer basis, i'd raise a pint to you and ask "cheers, motherfucker, now what do you want me to do about it?"

but the only thing you've complained about here is bans- yours and mrsleeve's- and i'm not going to apologize for either.

in your case: you say it's fucked up that i banned you from e3t for something you posted here.
        my position: if you have two clearly corresponding accounts on the two forums, and i see you being an inflammatory twat one one of them, i don't need to wait for you to get bored enough to start shitting on the other to take action (especially if i've reviewed your existing post history and thought "not much redeeming here"). signal-to-noise ratio is one of the redeeming qualities e3t still has, and if you need someone to commiserate with about that, talk to yoshi- i don't think i've ever banned him, but the rest of the staff have seen fit to.

if you have another e3t account and have participated with it while staying off of all of the e3t mods' radar, then yay hooray, keep it up. i've got too much shit to do to hunt through tens of thousands of users to figure out who your alt might be, and if you haven't pissed me off again, then i don't care.

nor am i going to apologize for the difference in management style between r3v and e3t- each style has given rise to its own culture, and those who don't like one are free to stay at the other. what WOULD be a waste is if they were exactly the same, or if they were merged, which is a completely stupid idea- some people who like r3v like it because it's not e3t, and vice versa.

as far as mrsleeve:

Being gay is NOT NORMAL though is it, cant have a normal life when your not normal, its either a choice, or a hormonal/biological fuck up. Either way its not normal. If you are born that way, then they are no more normal and downs syndrome kid.
        you should consider carefully whether you want to put yourself in the same camp as that guy.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by dk View Post
          or if they were merged, which is a completely stupid idea- some people who like r3v like it because it's not e3t, and vice versa.
          No, it isn't a stupid idea, precisely for the reason that this thread was created. People who want to join e3t cant, because of nonexistant admin/mod presence.

If that were not the case, there I wouldn't have this merging idea in my head in the first place. One could simply join the forum, and then join a conversation they want to be in, or ask questions.

My logic:

1. e3t is dying, shrinking membership, low activity, no one can join
          2. e3t has some good information/content/OGs
          3. r3v is growing, highly active
          4. Let's bring e3t content into r3v for the betterment of the world E30 community.

Additional logic points:

- A merger would increase the knowledge pool available to any one person
          - Ease of one dominant E30 forum for the US (and the world?)
          - Larger seller and customer base --> more commerce --> more innovation --> more aftermarket support

Comment

R3v hasnt earned e30techs content yet. In about 5-10 years when everyone on here is finally over 18 then we can talk about it.

Comment

well, from what i've seen in this thread, it seems like your concerns with e30tech management differ from others'.

if you were to bitch about all the ad banners, or the various other ways that the site owner only bothers with anything that puts money in his wallet while the mods maintain everything on a volunteer basis, i'd raise a pint to you and ask "cheers, motherfucker, now what do you want me to do about it?"

but the only thing you've complained about here is bans- yours and mrsleeve's- and i'm not going to apologize for either.

in your case: you say it's fucked up that i banned you from e3t for something you posted here.
              my position: if you have two clearly corresponding accounts on the two forums, and i see you being an inflammatory twat one one of them, i don't need to wait for you to get bored enough to start shitting on the other to take action (especially if i've reviewed your existing post history and thought "not much redeeming here"). signal-to-noise ratio is one of the redeeming qualities e3t still has, and if you need someone to commiserate with about that, talk to yoshi- i don't think i've ever banned him, but the rest of the staff have seen fit to.

if you have another e3t account and have participated with it while staying off of all of the e3t mods' radar, then yay hooray, keep it up. i've got too much shit to do to hunt through tens of thousands of users to figure out who your alt might be, and if you haven't pissed me off again, then i don't care.

nor am i going to apologize for the difference in management style between r3v and e3t- each style has given rise to its own culture, and those who don't like one are free to stay at the other. what WOULD be a waste is if they were exactly the same, or if they were merged, which is a completely stupid idea- some people who like r3v like it because it's not e3t, and vice versa.

as far as mrsleeve:

you should consider carefully whether you want to put yourself in the same camp as that guy.
              and THIS is a big part of the reason why e30tech is now dead. Because of mods like you on there. We don't call it emotech for nuthin.

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
              No, it isn't a stupid idea, precisely for the reason that this thread was created. People who want to join e3t cant, because of nonexistant admin/mod presence.

If that were not the case, there I wouldn't have this merging idea in my head in the first place. One could simply join the forum, and then join a conversation they want to be in, or ask questions.

My logic:

1. e3t is dying, shrinking membership, low activity, no one can join
              2. e3t has some good information/content/OGs
              3. r3v is growing, highly active
              4. Let's bring e3t content into r3v for the betterment of the world E30 community.

Additional logic points:

- A merger would increase the knowledge pool available to any one person
              - Ease of one dominant E30 forum for the US (and the world?)
              - Larger seller and customer base --> more commerce --> more innovation --> more aftermarket support
              +1
              R3V really needs to take over e30tech for the better of the e30 community.
              Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

^LOL I get banned for telling a dude his shitty respray 210k mile e30 isnt worth 9200 bucks, all my threads have been deleted idk how, I use to have 300+ posts. Your mod argues with me telling me Im giving usless info to a member and calling me dumb on here because I said there is no cam sensor on an m20. Then another guy shut the mod up by saying there actually isnt. And you say e30techs mods are bad? R3v is full of tennagers showing off there rides, who have no technical skill at all, and idiots who think they know everything and will argue to the death about dumb stuff that they have no clue about. 75% of threads on here are pictures or threads talking about random gay shit. E30tech has actual tech articles and people with knowlage to help you out. Its not like you cant join either. Pay for a month membership then cancel it. Youll get instant access n shit. OMG 10 bucks to join wow thats so expensive. But honestly I like it how it is cause it keeps the stupid kids on r3v out. You cant speak your mind here or voice your opinon without being banned or having your post deleted.

R3v is good for 2 things. Selling shit and laughing at how ignorant the members are.
                Last edited by nando; 09-20-2012, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
                  and THIS is a big part of the reason why e30tech is now dead. Because of mods like you on there. We don't call it emotech for nuthin.
                  currently 639 active users on e3t.
                  404 active users on r3v.

"dead"?
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

Is there a way to speed up the registration process on e3t? I am hardly an 18yo looking to pimp my ride. It would be nice to have access to the knowledge base on the site. If you're a mod on e3t please PM me here. All my attempts at contacting someone on e3t have been in vain.

Comment

Originally posted by travish325 View Post
                      ^LOL I get banned for telling a dude his shitty respray 210k mile e30 isnt worth 9200 bucks, all my threads have been deleted idk how, I use to have 300+ posts. Your mod argues with me telling me Im giving usless info to a member and calling me dumb on here because I said there is no cam sensor on an m20. Then another guy shut the mod up by saying there actually isnt. And you say e30techs mods are bad? R3v is full of tennagers showing off there rides, who have no technical skill at all, and idiots who think they know everything and will argue to the death about dumb stuff that they have no clue about. 75% of threads on here are pictures or threads talking about random gay shit. E30tech has actual tech articles and people with knowlage to help you out. Its not like you cant join either. Pay for a month membership then cancel it. Youll get instant access n shit. OMG 10 bucks to join wow thats so expensive. But honestly I like it how it is cause it keeps the stupid kids on r3v out. You cant speak your mind here or voice your opinon without being banned or having your post deleted.

R3v is good for 2 things. Selling shit and laughing at how ignorant the members are.
                      your account got hacked and taken over by spammers, that's why your posts got deleted. actually, now i'm not so sure it was a hacker/spammer, and not just you.

also, yes you were wrong, and I responded to Jlevie's post. It's a dead argument now.

you know what? you want to be banned? I can take care of that for you.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

currently 639 active users on e3t.
                        404 active users on r3v.

"dead"?
                        The amount of people lurking is irrelevant.
                        R3v gets way way more new posts per day than e30tech. That's what matters. Post an identical thread on both sites in equivalent sections and see how many responses you get.;)

edit: oh and lets see how many of those are members...
                        right now this is what it looks like:
                        R3V - 423 (219 members and 204 guests)
                        emotech - 603 (123 members and 480 guests)
                        Last edited by VinniE30; 09-20-2012, 08:55 AM.
                        Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

this is not helpful.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

R3v gets way way more new posts per day than e30tech. That's what matters. Post an identical thread on both sites in equivalent sections and see how many responses you get.;)

well i guess i've got a lot of queries to rewrite at work tomorrow- 15 years in high-tech and i've been doing web analytics wrong the whole time, apparently. thankfully the r3v subject matter expert has set me straight. (sarcasm aside- you said the forum was "dead"; it clearly isn't, but arguing with you about which statistics constitute "life" sounds boring, so i'm not going to do it.)

good object lesson on this page on how much "fun" being a forum mod is. if your hands are clean and nobody's pissed off at you, you're probably not doing much...
                            past:
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              your account got hacked and taken over by spammers, that's why your posts got deleted. actually, now i'm not so sure it was a hacker/spammer, and not just you.

also, yes you were wrong, and I responded to Jlevie's post. It's a dead argument now.

you know what? you want to be banned? I can take care of that for you.

Thanks for proving a point. Mods here are no different than mods on e30tech. You all get big heads and do what ever you want because someone doesnt agree with you.

Congrats you can ban somebody on a website, thats sooooo cool. lol

Comment

Yes but how many of those replies posted here will be usefull? They will all be people acting like they know everything giving useless info.

Comment

Working...
                                X