Does anyone else miss COTM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else miss COTM?

I know it was a pain, but I loved seeing a feature each month. If its that hard to do monthly, couldnt it be done at least quarterly, I mean this is rev... we could just change it to COQ I think you guys would like the COQ

thoughts?
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    8.77%
    Rob
    7.02%
    COQ
    17.54%
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

I really did look forward to COTM would like to see it done quarterly at least! Let's bring this back!!
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
    IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

As someone who use to do the COTM. It is a huge pain in the ass. Quarterly would be cool, that is if people step up when they get picked and don't drag their feet or drop out at the last minute or even not respond when they say they will..

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I have heard its a pain, and I would be willing to try it out for a year or something
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
          As someone who use to do the COTM. It is a huge pain in the ass. Quarterly would be cool, that is if people step up when they get picked and don't drag their feet or drop out at the last minute or even not respond when they say they will..
          THIS

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          I have heard its a pain, and I would be willing to try it out for a year or something
          I did it for a good while, but people that got picked never came through and even the people that sent me a PM for a feature STILL would not come through. It is annoying.

Edit: I almost forgot...if the car is not mint people bitch and moan, I got dumb PMs about how some cars were not worthy of COTM when really it is just CAR of the month, not Show Car Of The Month...
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Im with you FEAR, I know Ive bugged you about it in the past, so Im not shocked it fizzled out. I think the car should be a legit feature, not about the stanced out BS culture where expensive wheels and airbags are considered a "build", but a true build that the owner made his/ her own.

Im willing to take this thing on for a year if you guys are willing to let me.
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

I liked COTM alot, i don't frequent the Project forum alot so it was nice to have a way to peek into it.

A quarterly thing would be awesome too
              sigpic

Comment

Car of the _____ on this site should always, without exception, be an E30.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

well... whats the next step? also I would love to have the ability to delete SPAM.

edit: can we also change my title from R3V Elite to COQ manager or something R3V appropriate once Ive been given the honor to control the COQ
                  Last edited by 2mAn; 08-02-2015, 09:03 PM.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Take it on for the year. Good luck with it, I used to enjoy the features other sites had of COTM.

Comment

I'll PM fear and get the details
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Im willing to take this thing on for a year if you guys are willing to let me.
                        ya sounds like fun. I'd also do it if you dont want to.
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

I'll PM fear and get the details
                          You are welcome to copy my lay out, and you can think this is "easy" but wait till you have to sort out a pile of shit some retard copies and posts...then you have to upload all the photos to flickr etc and add them in.

The setup is in each of my COTM, so just use that and follow suit.
                          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Maybe the mods should make a dedicated COTM account so that whoever is running it doesn't get their pm box bogged down with messages from prospective people, disgruntled forum members and everyone in between.
                            Originally posted by csermonet47
                            Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Im with you FEAR, I know Ive bugged you about it in the past, so Im not shocked it fizzled out. I think the car should be a legit feature, not about the stanced out BS culture where expensive wheels and airbags are considered a "build", but a true build that the owner made his/ her own.
                              FINALLY! Im glad someone actually said this. I would much rather see a build that is a personal reflection of the owner rather than a bunch of expensive bolt-ons.
                              IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X