Multiple for sale threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple for sale threads

Is it a thing now to make a thread for each individual item they're selling? I see quite a few people doing it taking over pages of the For Sale forum. I was under the impression of having a single thread where you sell multiple items, but maybe r3v has changed :???:

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

More often than not, the reaction when someone is advised they're breaking a forum rule is to be a jerk and/or argue about it. So, rather than deal with the grief, I/we have been letting FS threads slide.

That said, if you want to PM me or post the names of the offenders I'll take a look.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

This may not have much support or understanding but a forum about any subject concerning originality or keeping a car in its original form.Parts sources ( hard to find true original parts not just OEM.Finishes ,materials ,literature ,history ,etc..

Comment

After a very quick browse of the first 10 pages it looks like the following folks have several/many threads.

Regular r3vers:
        Nick's e30 (quite a few)
        DIIRTY-30
        bdawg809
        getouth
        Ben Carufel
        CubbyChowder

More retail based:
        MR 325
        MrSlacker

Far more important might be requiring and enforcing a FS thread having a location in the title as so many parts are stupid to ship and can only really be picked up economically.

I do understand that the parts section is a time consuming/difficult affair to moderate, but if people are bitching about being told to follow the rules they can f right the hell off and have their thread closed. Rules are rules, and we need them to make the forum work.

Comment

^^ this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
          '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
          '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            I do understand that the parts section is a time consuming/difficult affair to moderate, but if people are bitching about being told to follow the rules they can f right the hell off and have their thread closed. Rules are rules, and we need them to make the forum work.
            Trust me, I agree completely with that.

That said, here's how I moderate the FS area:

If a thread contains nothing more than a one or two sentence description and a link to a Craigslist or an eBay ad, and contains no pictures, it gets deleted without notice. If someone puts forth at least a little bit of effort, but the thread is missing pictures and/or errantly contains a Craigslist or an eBay link, I will edit it and/or ask that the thread be corrected. If a thread goes more than a few days without being amended to conform to the rules after the author has been notified, it gets deleted.

That said, we have to pick our battles. People posting one item per thread is technically a rules violation, but there are so many things which supersede that in terms of trying to keep the forum clean, that it comes down to prioritizing what's best for everyone with the time each of us can spend moderating on a daily basis.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Totally understand, and in fact, I am not terribly bothered by it, although I don't really like that people blatantly bump each of their threads and have them right in order.

I'd still really like to see a mandatory location in the thread title so I don't have to search around unnecessarily, especially for wheels/seats/engines. Even for cars it would be helpful, although not as vital.

Comment

I'd just be happy with having people required to meet a certain post count in order to post a For Sale thread.

Don't many forums enforce that rule?

Like Morcheeba - Who can you trust?
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

there are three in a row right now
                  FS NY: two Audiobahn A235HC amps and audiobahn 1farad capacitor
                  Saab/GM tech2 programming
                  My for sale thread
                  1990 325iX for sale or part out
                  Did you buy something from me? Please leave feedback!

Originally posted by K20RI_211
                  And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Comment

A location identifier in the thread title is a big help when sifting through FS threads trying to find parts local

It's easier to find parts when each one has its own FS thread. These sellers are doing this in the hopes of getting hits to sell their stuff fast. So I understand that. But they could just put everything they're selling in the title. And if they're selling a whole garage of stuff, just write "a whole garage of stuff." Everyone likes reading through those threads.

I can't stand how often threads get bumped. Especially in the wheel section. People who bump their 3000 dollar wheel set ups daily... smh

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                      A location identifier in the thread title is a big help when sifting through FS threads trying to find parts locally
                      How do we get this to become mandatory for non-sponsors?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                        How do we get this to become mandatory for non-sponsors?
                        A location identifier in the thread title is a big help when sifting through FS threads trying to find parts local

It's easier to find parts when each one has its own FS thread. These sellers are doing this in the hopes of getting hits to sell their stuff fast. So I understand that. But they could just put everything they're selling in the title. And if they're selling a whole garage of stuff, just write "a whole garage of stuff." Everyone likes reading through those threads.

I can't stand how often threads get bumped. Especially in the wheel section. People who bump their 3000 dollar wheel set ups daily... smh

i like this a lot too because i would think you could then also search by location.
                        i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

It's easier to find parts when each one has its own FS thread. These sellers are doing this in the hopes of getting hits to sell their stuff fast.
                          I get this, but it's annoying because it pushes other peoples threads way down on the list. For example, greggearhead just bumped 4 different threads in a row pushing all of the older FS threads back further back.

If you're looking to get more hits, post on more forums/websites. Pick a flashy title, list more items in the title, there's so many options. Don't spam the FS section
                          Last edited by AbsorbantNut; 06-06-2016, 05:05 PM.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Our local e30 facebook group has a rule where you have to lower your price if you're going to bump your thread. Reason being if you didn't get any hits the first time around, obviously no one wants your stuff. But if you lower your price someone may become interested. It prevents people from posting ridiculous high prices and then saying "or best offer" (you have to offer a competitive price if you want a response) and cleans up the page because no one will be spamming the board with daily bumps

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Yea but some big ticket items, that wont work. Say an e30 m3 interior, or a set of wheels,

and you have them each for 2500$ obo, if you bump it once daily, and have to lower the price, and that rule was stritcly adhered to, eventually items would be free.

Sometimes its takes time to find the right buyer.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                              X