Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Vert sub-forum idea

From the General Discussion page....

Mods - feel free to tow it here properly and prune this thread if you like.

Jon
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

It really would be beneficial to have all the convertible-specific issues confined to one space.

Answers would be easier to find - even if it was just an addition to one of the existing forums.
    McCain's military draft: Are you willing to bet your life?

Comment

I typically try and avoid having 900 subforums for different topics. Do you really suspect we will get enough traffic to make it worthwhile?

Comment

potentially, but there are only so many threads about leaks, clear plastic windows, and saggy suspension to go around. i'm not for it, but i'm not against it.

EDIT - wow, i just realized what a worthless post that was.
        sigpic

Comment

This topic has been done to death. As a cabrio owner I think it's a bad idea. With the exception of the top issues, there's very little that separates a cabrio from a regular E30, and you're going to end up with duplicate threads for the same stuff. Suspension, headlights, grilles, you name it will get respammed again in the cabrio forum by newbs who don't know it's all the same.

There's already a cabrio-specific suspension thread and enough top threads that there should be an official thread for that, too. Besides those I can think of no other recurring issues, and there's no need for an entire subforum devoted to cabrios, IMO.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
          MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
          | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

OK, so if this has been done to death is because the people want it ?!? So give the people what they want. In that section you could throw all vert related issues, one nice neat place to dump and search for vert knowledge. Why is it such a bad thing, and no four doors don't get one they ride on the same suspension, same floor mats, same sway bars, same strut brace, speakers.....
            sigpic
            WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Working...
            X