Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At a Smog Only shop? God I wish I lived in LA...

Cheers,

Jim
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
      At a Smog Only shop? God I wish I lived in LA...

Cheers,

Jim
      I'll text you, we can talk Sir....;)
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Thanks, going to get mass quantities of beer to drown my sorrows.

Cheers,

Jim
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrewSkii View Post
          Sounds like you might have to call some people and say it's not for sale anymore. hahah
          i know! haha
          Just went to get the Mtech smog test for registration. Failed!!! Going to the smog shop is like going to the dentist. NOX 1570/1708 :(

Merry Christmas,

Jim
          how? this is the second time smogging this thing without changing a thing and it passed with flying colors.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
          my feedback thread

Comment

Travis, forever i am dissapoint.

But does that mean i can get e36 m3 money for mine?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
              i know! haha

how? this is the second time smogging this thing without changing a thing and it passed with flying colors.
              The car would not pass smog when I bought it 2years ago that is one reason that I got such a "great" deal on it. A local smog shop messed with the AFM and finally got it to pass for about $300 but told me I would need a new cat next time. The DMV made me go to a smog only shop and it failed just like 2 years ago. So I am bench testing AFM's tonight to replace the one they tweaked with a stock unit and getting a new cat tomorrow. Hopefully that will solve the issue forever.

Cheers,

Jim
              sigpic

Comment

Jim, I had simmilar numbers last year when i needed to smog my car, after changing the cat (ty Castro for the install), i passed with flying colors.

The cat should take care of it, before a new cat, i changed o2 sensor, plugs, filters, and on and on with emmissions parts, but it continued to fail with equal numbers, driving the car 80mi right into the testing bay didn't help either.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dvck View Post
                  Travis, forever i am dissapoint.

But does that mean i can get e36 m3 money for mine?
                  yeahh, yeahh, me too! i think so!
                  The car would not pass smog when I bought it 2years ago that is one reason that I got such a "great" deal on it. A local smog shop messed with the AFM and finally got it to pass for about $300 but told me I would need a new cat next time. The DMV made me go to a smog only shop and it failed just like 2 years ago. So I am bench testing AFM's tonight to replace the one they tweaked with a stock unit and getting a new cat tomorrow. Hopefully that will solve the issue forever.

Cheers,

Jim
                  ah, well best of luck to you then. i'm sure the cat would solve it.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                  my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by dvck View Post
                    Jim, I had simmilar numbers last year when i needed to smog my car, after changing the cat (ty Castro for the install), i passed with flying colors.

The cat should take care of it, before a new cat, i changed o2 sensor, plugs, filters, and on and on with emmissions parts, but it continued to fail with equal numbers, driving the car 80mi right into the testing bay didn't help either.
                    I hear ya bro, since the last test I did all of that just to service the car and get her running tip top, even did a valve adjustment. She is running better than she ever has. So this year I thought it would pass with flying colors but no go.
                    sigpic

Comment

Mine is up in April and i am waiting till after i smog it to put in the 19lb injectors and the mark-d chip and shorty headers ;).Don't want any problems you know.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
                        Mine is up in April and i am waiting till after i smog it to put in the 19lb injectors and the mark-d chip and shorty headers ;).Don't want any problems you know.
                        Go snail, you got 2 years to enjoy!:D

Cheers,

Jim
                        sigpic

Comment

Go snail, you got 2 years to enjoy!:D

Cheers,

Jim
                          That high of NOx is indicative of high combustion temps or a bad cat. Time to change them out or go with a full custom system. I doubt they messed with the AFM and got it to pass for $300. They probably just got it "smogged" for that kind of money.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I'm retarded

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                              That high of NOx is indicative of high combustion temps or a bad cat. Time to change them out or go with a full custom system. I doubt they messed with the AFM and got it to pass for $300. They probably just got it "smogged" for that kind of money.
                              High combustion temps would mean hotter head correct? What should the average temp of the head be or is not a good indicator?

You could be right, the guy said he had to take the lows higher to make the highs lower if that makes any sense. He had it all day but had told me a firm price of $250 but it took him so long we agreed to $300. Maybe he had an E30 in the back. ha ha

Cheers,

Jim
                              sigpic

Comment

my feedback thread

Comment

Working...
                                X