X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
    still no start on my car :( , idk wtf it is
    Fuel, air, spark - which one are you missing?
    -Kalim

British Racing Green, IE Springs/Bilsteins, IE exhaust, IE SSK,
    Momo shift knob, Miller MAF conversion, K&N intake,
    Blackworks Aluminum Radiator, 5MT swapped,
    Ellipsoids w/DDM HIDs, OEM Recaro Sports, Momo Mod07 Wheel,
    Drilled+Slotted Rotors, Alpine HU/Amp/speakers, 12" enclosed sub

Comment

Originally posted by cyberkaa View Post
      Fuel, air, spark - which one are you missing?
      not cranking. I did the I head swap yesterday using a late model harness. Im using the eta starter ( has two wires ) and the late model harness has 3 wires for the starter. I did what stricklyeta said " The first wires that you connect are the starter negative and postive, but when you attach the red starter positive wire, don't forget to also connect the power wire that goes to the battery terminal: " how ever he dosnt talk about the 3rd wire unless he used a late model starter.

2nd, the fuel pump is not coming on.

when i connect the blk/yellow with the + i can hear a relay in the fuse box click, also the brake lining light is on.

Everything is where it should be but no crank.

Comment

Why don't you just use an I starter and delete that possibility from the equation?

Comment

sup.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
          my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
            Why don't you just use an I starter and delete that possibility from the equation?
            i could but.. id like to not spend anymore more money. Im getting close to the $600 range.

Comment

not cranking. I did the I head swap yesterday using a late model harness. Im using the eta starter ( has two wires ) and the late model harness has 3 wires for the starter. I did what stricklyeta said " The first wires that you connect are the starter negative and postive, but when you attach the red starter positive wire, don't forget to also connect the power wire that goes to the battery terminal: " how ever he dosnt talk about the 3rd wire unless he used a late model starter.

2nd, the fuel pump is not coming on.

when i connect the blk/yellow with the + i can hear a relay in the fuse box click, also the brake lining light is on.

Everything is where it should be but no crank.
              The black/yellow wire should get battery voltage when you try cranking.
              The black/green wire triggers the unloader relays on an 'i'. Sounds like the eta didn't get that connection.

And starter is known good? Can you bench test it?
              -Kalim

Comment

Originally posted by cyberkaa View Post
                The black/yellow wire should get battery voltage when you try cranking.
                The black/green wire triggers the unloader relays on an 'i'. Sounds like the eta didn't get that connection.

And starter is known good? Can you bench test it?
                the starter is fine. my car cranked up and drove yesterday morning b4 i took out the harness/head

Comment

the starter is fine. my car cranked up and drove yesterday morning b4 i took out the harness/head
                  Ok, then check for voltage at the thick cables and at the black/yellow wire when cranking. That's all it should take to make the starter work.
                  It grounds on the motor/trans through the engine ground strap, so make sure that's good, too.
                  -Kalim

Comment

green/blk wire goes where?

Comment

the red "here" is a ground strap..

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                        the red "here" is a ground strap..
                        correct. i never touched it. only wires i d/c was the red + and the yellow/blk.

on the eta harness the yellow/blk is where it should same with the +

Comment

We have s50 cams recently polished for $300
                          and a strut bar from ie for $120
                          Spread the word!

"Hard Work Pays Off"

1991-bmw 325i (R3vvd)
                          1990- 325 (mpowa)(GC)(track)(beast)
                          1988- 528e (daily driven when track car broken)

Comment

green/blk wire goes where?

Did you cut a ring connector off that green black wire?
                            If you did, I would put a female spade connector on it and try fitting it to the male spade you have labeled in green.

Do you have a picture of the old eta harness where it connected to the starter?

Comment

Originally posted by ThisGuy310 View Post
                              Did you cut a ring connector off that green black wire?
                              If you did, I would put a female spade connector on it and try fitting it to the male spade you have labeled in green.

Do you have a picture of the old eta harness where it connected to the starter?
                              i tried that. i used a extra wire as a jumper and no luck

Comment

i tried that. i used a extra wire as a jumper and no luck
                                Heavy gauge black cable is connected to the terminal block yeah?

Comment

Working...
                                X