X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ak- View Post
    I've seen this DIY before and can't believe I didn't think of it. THANK YOU
    I do have them hooked, but they are ghetto rigged with different connectors lol.
    I want a reliable clean install.
    do you not want to run HIDs? makes everything plug and play if you were set up for US projectors.
    1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
    1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
    1974 2002tii / stock
    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
      do you not want to run HIDs? makes everything plug and play if you were set up for US projectors.
      I don't mind running HID's vs. h1 bulbs, but you reminded me I still have my kit under my bed from my old car with 9006 bulbs.

All I would need is new bulbs correct? And drill into the caps?
      Haha, thanks for the reminder.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

right, ballast for the 9006 plugs and H1 bulbs. drill and cap.
        1974 2002tii / stock
        2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
          right, ballast for the 9006 plugs and H1 bulbs. drill and cap.
          Crud. My car was sealed beams factory.
          So I don't have that wire plug that comes back into the ballast from the car.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

oh that's right, yours is a 91. i guess you could still splice in the 9006 pigtails and run HIDs that route to avoid finding euro pigtails or janky-wiring them.
            1974 2002tii / stock
            2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
              I've seen this DIY before and can't believe I didn't think of it. THANK YOU
              I do have them hooked, but they are ghetto rigged with different connectors lol.
              I want a reliable clean install.
              First thing that came to mind when you mentioned pigtails lol
              Luckily, the PO of my smilies provided pigtails, so I never had to use the guide, but I bookmarked it for refernce cause I knew it would come in handy some day. Turns out I was right hah

Btw, I managed to bend your valance back to perfect shape. The fog light bracket from the Passanger side was a little bent, but once I've got it mounted, it'll be no problem to bend it back. Gonna swap out valances some time early next week when I get the tools :-D

Comment

Haha nice. How'd you go about bending it?

Funny thing, I just found out my air temperature sensor plug fits perfectly into the low beams lolol.

Anyone have a couple handy? haha.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Those plugs are pretty common honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if the radiator temp sensor plug worked too. They seem to be the same shape/size, just different colors. I may be mistaken though.. IIRC they have 3 wires and not 2... Junkyard run for higher-end ghetto rigs? :-P

Set it on the grass and started bending the whole valence to get the top and bottom it to line up parallel to leveled ground. Turns out the problem wasn't directly just Passanger side, more that the whole valence was tweaked. 5 mins of pulling and it was pretty much done :-D

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I've been dying to do one of those Malibu Drives, one of these weekends.

What say you?
                    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                      Those plugs are pretty common honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if the radiator temp sensor plug worked too. They seem to be the same shape/size, just different colors. I may be mistaken though.. IIRC they have 3 wires and not 2... Junkyard run for higher-end ghetto rigs? :-P
                      i think he's talking about the ambient temp sensor for the brake ducts.

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                      I don't know about you guys, but I've been dying to do one of those Malibu Drives, one of these weekends.

What say you?
                      yeah, i'm pretty down. it's been a long, long time.
                      1974 2002tii / stock
                      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

hmmm... so I just looked up e30 basketweaves on google and a ricer site showed up as the first link.

Stupid Honda Ricers

Comment

I'm up for that drive. Met a few new peeps that first time 2 years ago

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I'm down I went last weekend so long as I'm not pushing to girl too rough she's happy :rofl:

Comment

So next sunday about 2-3, is that cool?
                              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I'm a go for Sundays.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X