X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
    <3

i'm fully confident with my career choice. i just don't like borrowing money, for whatever reason, doesn't matter. i just don't like the feeling of owing money or anything for that matter. i'm leaning towards just getting some loans, but it sure as hell would be nice as a benefit to have a free education. i'm attending lapc at the moment, but hope to be in ucsd within a year or two.
    You will be trading you life for education and debt free lifestyle by "fighting" for your country. Just get a loan, play it smart by using the loan for tuition, books and such(no E30arted stuff) You will pay off your debt in no time by having a good job. Live life, start a family, buy good toys and never have regrets by living the rest of your miserable existence with blown up body parts by IEDs or on pills because of PTSD.

Comment

loans scare me, and with tuition only getting more and more expensive, i'd rather not worry about loans.
      I'm in the same boat as you man. I'm staying away from credit cards, loans, etc... I'd rather not be in debt because even with student loans, you are still paying interest which could go to other things.

Also... free education is a perk with ROTC. I take it you have already completed your AA, so if you are committed, do ROTC for the remainder of college. As I was explained by a friend who is in Army ROTC atm, he said that the number of years in college can count towards the time you are on call or in the reserves. When you get your Bachelors Degree or w/e, you are giving the option of going reserve for that year or starting active duty.

Note my friend is going Army so the programs are different. Come to think of it, I don't think there is a Marine ROTC program at my school.

Comment

^ at least you have your head on right, unlike most morons. green energy is great, but the technology isn't here yet. they need to wait until it's ready to be implemented and not prematurely so that the economy and everything with it starts to suffer.
        I'm not saying it isn't. It makes more energy, more affordable, for more people. But, exactly like you said: The technology isnt here yet in a grand scale, and the technology that is really is only available to the richest as it is (solar roofs, heating reservoirs, etc.)

People need to start zooming in on the small parts of the big picture like jobs, housing, and education, cause everyone's living in a fantasy fairy-tale world of cars getting 200mpgs, zero emissions, and smart-houses and nothings getting done in reality. WAKE UP SACRAMENTO!

Got a buddy thats going to the Army btw. Probably one of my best friends. I salute and support all who choose to risk themselves for the sake of this country and our freedoms. IF thats what you really want to do; I would advise against it, but I wouldn't stop you either. If youve got stuff going for you already, flag down those ships first; if not, full support from this man, sir!

Comment

Originally posted by E30 331is View Post
          You will be trading you life for education and debt free lifestyle by "fighting" for your country. Just get a loan, play it smart by using the loan for tuition, books and such(no E30arted stuff) You will pay off your debt in no time by having a good job. Live life, start a family, buy good toys and never have regrets by living the rest of your miserable existence with blown up body parts by IEDs or on pills because of PTSD.
          well you see, it's not all about free education too me, i've always wanted to fight for this country. there is just a certain pleasure being able to shoot a gun, and blow shit up. but the position i would be choosing, wouldn't be putting me in the battle field, i'd like to do aircraft mechanics, so i would be stationed on a base rather than in the line of fire.

Originally posted by turge View Post
          I'm in the same boat as you man. I'm staying away from credit cards, loans, etc... I'd rather not be in debt because even with student loans, you are still paying interest which could go to other things.

Also... free education is a perk with ROTC. I take it you have already completed your AA, so if you are committed, do ROTC for the remainder of college. As I was explained by a friend who is in Army ROTC atm, he said that the number of years in college can count towards the time you are on call or in the reserves. When you get your Bachelors Degree or w/e, you are giving the option of going reserve for that year or starting active duty.

Note my friend is going Army so the programs are different. Come to think of it, I don't think there is a Marine ROTC program at my school.
          well i like the idea of credit. it's just people don't know how to use it. i have perfect credit because i know how to manage it. if i have the money to buy coils, i'd rather buy it with my credit card and put the money to my credit card. but giant loans scare the hell out of me even though the career path i'm taking will be more than suffice in taking care of it.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
          my feedback thread

Comment

also, i think i may be joining the marines, still not a 100% decided on it though. :/
            I support this 100%. If I could, I'd have already joined. Semper Fi.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
            i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
            Originally posted by slammin.e28
            Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

i'm 22 and have almost $100k in debt. am i worried? no, because it's almost entirely investment. my mortgage/house is an investment, my education is an investment too.

debt is risk and reward involves risk.
              1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
              1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
              1974 2002tii / stock
              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

well see, i want to be able to say i fought for our country and earn the respect, loyalty, values and the discipline and to really become bigger than myself, and have a complete transformation of who i am now. plus, i could use the money for schooling and the additional benefits. i'm still on the wall though as i would probably be 28-32+ years old after graduating with a bs or ms in comp engineering. but on the other hand, i'd have no debt, and i would be able to get a job rather quickly.

i know why he wants to do that, but why doesn't he want me to go is my question.
                im sorry travis...

but going to iraq and shooting a few kids in the face, and invading the differnt towns and forcing a our americanisms on people that obviously dont want it isnt fighting for our country....

if u want to "fight for our country" get a good education and become someone who makes a difference in the world like helping with diseases or doing something that makes the rest of the world see us in a better light...

there are far better choices in life than the military..
                1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
                1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
                1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
                guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
                Originally posted by ak-
                Must of slid into Rob

Comment

ron paul
                  1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                  1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                  1974 2002tii / stock
                  2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                    ron paul
                    1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by ak-
                    Must of slid into Rob

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by M20_fiend View Post
                        im sorry travis...

but going to iraq and shooting a few kids in the face, and invading the differnt towns and forcing a our americanisms on people that obviously dont want it isnt fighting for our country....

if u want to "fight for our country" get a good education and become someone who makes a difference in the world like helping with diseases or doing something that makes the rest of the world see us in a better light...

You think anyone in their right mind would go kill kids? There are psychopaths in all walks of life, but by saying all soldiers kill Iraqi / afghan kids is stupid. You don't have to join the military and by looking at your post I bet you never will. It's his call man. You don't have to like his decision but you should at least support him. Don't being one of those Westboro Baptist Church screw ups.

------------

Nevertheless... Travis, I support you 100% if you decide to join.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                          I support this 100%. If I could, I'd have already joined. Semper Fi.
                          thanks.

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                          i'm 22 and have almost $100k in debt. am i worried? no, because it's almost entirely investment. my mortgage/house is an investment, my education is an investment too.

debt is risk and reward involves risk.
                          absolutely, which is why i also want to take the risk of service. but like i said, it's not all about having my education paid for.

Originally posted by M20_fiend View Post
                          im sorry travis...

your perception of fighting for this country is off. like i said, i won't be on the line of combat. i will be in charge of making sure that the aircrafts work and function properly and without issues. plus what's wrong with both? i still plan on continuing with my degree and pursing as a software engineer after my service.

thank you. i'm still on the wall about it though.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                          my feedback thread

Comment

This week was great progress...
                            Wheels have been sitting BNIB for over a year....
                            Finally got my GE coils and IE camber plates on....

This photo I'm rolling 16x9 square et10 ESM 002's
                            205/45 Falken 912 tires

Sig I'm running 16x9 et -10 :drink:
                            (20mm spacers)

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Looks good bro^^

I just watched a van get reposed. Unmarked tow truck sitting in a apt driveway for 20mins , truck pulled out then they drove the van out with no lights on. Checking inside , locked it up and drove off. The other driver was in a Prius with camera on the hood and roof. Both guys wearing all black. Sucks for whos van that was, they gunna be pissed when they find out its gone.

had license plate scanners like this but the car was white with a laptop inside.

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                                uuhh thanx?? i think....

You think anyone in their right mind would go kill kids? There are psychopaths in all walks of life, but by saying all soldiers kill Iraqi / afghan kids is stupid. You don't have to join the military and by looking at your post I bet you never will. It's his call man. You don't have to like his decision but you should at least support him. Don't being one of those Westboro Baptist Church screw ups.

------------

WASP 4 lyfe... no.. i have had no plan to ever join the military unless i had nothing else going for me...i just feel like there are far better choices.. all of my friends that have join the military did not come back the same... but these are my experiences..and i believe going to a CC and being undecided is a better choice... an education is the best thing u could ever have.. and im just gonna try and convince him otherwise.. but if its what he wants... then i have 100% support in it...

your perception of fighting for this country is off. like i said, i won't be on the line of combat. i will be in charge of making sure that the aircrafts work and function properly and without issues. plus what's wrong with both? i still plan on continuing with my degree and pursing as a software engineer after my service.

u wanna go do 4 years of active duty to work on planes?? y not just go to crimson or something like that? u still have your own life.. and u can learn...
                                1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by ak-
                                Must of slid into Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X