Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just did a flush yesterday. Used some prestone coolant flush ran around for like an hour trying to get all the crap out. Drained it from the rad. Filled/drain like 2 more times then let it cool down. Then crawled under the car took out the plug on the block & rad & all flushed out clear.

Hit up the store got 3 gallons of distilled water & redline wetter. Left the car running with the cap off until thermostat opened. Add moar water. Good to go

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by mcskibadee1 View Post
      cool, thanks! Can I do like 90% water and 10% coolant with water wetter? I mean, does the coolant do anything other than keeping the water from freezing? In my turbo car I was told to run just water and water wetter, no coolant.
      I'm running just distilled water and two bottles of water wetter. No coolant. No issues.

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
        Parents are making me sell my motor build. 71k super eta block with rebuilt 885 head, 272cam, goetze HG, metric blue bolts. Will throw in a 5spd trans for 800?
        ummmm ill take it.. kinda need it... bad. minus 5-speed

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
        Anyways. Having trouble finding a place to mount this? Any ideas?

ummm on the waffle there would be nice... just have to ask your parallels for readings.. no biggie

Originally posted by ninety4e36 View Post
        Flash mob?:giggle:
        DO ITTTT!!!

I'm going to flash my radiator this weekend since the water is fucking brown. Any tips or tricks I should know when changing on an m30b35 engine?
        can i haz teh pics?

Originally posted by thebutcher37 View Post
        haha I plan on attending in the most homoish of fashions.
        fixed

In other news... Blackmail
        Last edited by ToPLeSS(e30)FeinD; 08-01-2012, 02:38 PM.
        '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
        '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
        Is that thing on air?

Comment

nice. might do the coolant flush today and then drain tomorrow.
          sigpic
          TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
          FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Was dat on your oil pan?

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
              Was dat on your oil pan?
              Sled?

Originally posted by Rocla
              And yes, you must remove complete assembly from the car, unless you are a gynegologist

Comment

Man that oil pan is fucked up

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

it was an idea... that went terribly wrong
                  '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                  '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Is that thing on air?

Comment

Originally posted by mod_junkie View Post
                    Sled?
                    hahaa... basically
                    '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                    '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Is that thing on air?

Comment

Must be that time of the year. I am doing my coolant flush right now on the M3. Getting rid of the green and going back to blue also replacing the old disgusting coolant tank for a new one.

Next up is the power steering, I am replacing that tank also due to the filter in the bottom being 22 years old and I am sure it's full of gunk.

Cheers,

Jim
                      sigpic

Comment

Haha, I literally changed my PS reservoir last week. I drained everything as best I could and the fluid immediately turned to black again. I should have left the return hose off and into a drain pan and just poured some PS fluid into the reservoir as someone turned the wheel until everything was out. Think I might still do that when I drain the radiator.
                        sigpic
                        FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Haha, I literally changed my PS reservoir last week. I drained everything as best I could and the fluid immediately turned to black again. I should have left the return hose off and into a drain pan and just poured some PS fluid into the reservoir as someone turned the wheel until everything was out. Think I might still do that when I drain the radiator.
                          I can feel you pain... That's exactly what I did the first time on my 89 vert. Then next time, on the Mtech, I bought a couple of extra quarts of ATF and drained and filled it, drove the car, and did that a couple of times until the ATF stayed red. Then I changed the tank. It cost a few extra bucks but I felt better about putting the new tank in. The the rack started to leak...

Cheers,

Jim
                          sigpic

Comment

shit, that sucks. But yea, after all that work and it came out black. ughhhh!
                            sigpic
                            FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Look what I found at the junkyard!

Okay not really....more like BofA in Wilmington. Note the Coast Motor Werks plate frame. Who's car is this???
                              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                                Look what I found at the junkyard!
                                Okay not really....more like BofA in Wilmington. Note the Coast Motor Werks plate frame. Who's car is this???
                                Before I scrolled down, I was gonna call you a liar!, cause that's off of Avalon in Wilmas......lol

The owner is an older mexican dude, who wrenches on e30s and e28s, he lives in Lynwood and may actually work at CMW.

His name is Jesse, and that thing is mehh, not in a bad way but I have seen it up close before. There's no flow in the mods, Alpina steering wheel, Alpina badge plate on top of the valve cover on a 325?, Alpina emblems and wheels, basically anything,you can buy from ebay chinese made.
                                Mtech 2 rear valance isnt too bad IMHO, an IS lip use to be on there too, it could be a head turner but I'm not into baurs.
                                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Working...
                                X