This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howdyhoayman View Post
    I run vegetable oil personally, haven't had any issues yet!
    wow I've been running fortified whale oil for the past few months works great little smoky though
    88 325is Five Speed
    Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Deathtoll View Post
      Ordered my e28 motor mounts:)

Wich means ill be selling the akg poly motor mounts very soon. They are the giant black brick looking style.
      Might be interested. Send me a Pm on how much you want for them.

"Hard Work Pays Off"

1991-bmw 325i (R3vvd)
      1990- 325 (mpowa)(GC)(track)(beast)
      1988- 528e (daily driven when track car broken)

Comment

Here is what my current motor mounts look like. These are recoommended for RACE ONLY.

You will feel everything.. When you start.. when the clutch engages... Everything.. it's pretty hardcore. Good for weekend cars but for DD not so much!
        -Art

Comment

Deathtoll i hate to break it to you but those are AKGs street mounts they are only supposed to be a little harder than oem rubber motor mounts , they shouldn't be that bad on the street, do you know if the trans mounts are poly as well that might be whats causing bad vibration
          88 325is Five Speed
          Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
            Deathtoll i hate to break it to you but those are AKGs street mounts they are only supposed to be a little harder than oem rubber motor mounts , they shouldn't be that bad on the street, do you know if the trans mounts are poly as well that might be whats causing bad vibration
            I've had a few members drive my car and all of them told me it was the motor mounts. Even when I'm in neutral some of the vibrations come through as the revs rise and fall. My transmission mounts are not poly.
            -Art

Comment

Probably his trans mounts, but Art didn't you come from a comfy subie?
              It's kind of hard to make e30's buttery like factory unless you go with stock-ish suspension.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                Your right

The ORIGINAL e30 M5x/S5x swap motor mounts! Our mounts incorporate the correct angle and stud location for proper engine seating. Made in USA.

Very strange that you feel everything like that, something may be wrong somewhere other than your motormounts

But I agree could be your trans mounts

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Tranny mounts is where its at.

Comment

24v engines are so silky smooth at idle and cruising compared to m20's.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

For anyone interested Cheaper if picked up :)

Comment

Originally posted by Deathtoll View Post
                        I've had a few members drive my car and all of them told me it was the motor mounts. Even when I'm in neutral some of the vibrations come through as the revs rise and fall. My transmission mounts are not poly.
                        hmm because i have AKGs 75D bolt through race mounts and they vibrate at idle but thats not even that bad i was thinking something else is at play to make your car that harsh
                        88 325is Five Speed
                        Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                          Probably his trans mounts, but Art didn't you come from a comfy subie?
                          It's kind of hard to make e30's buttery like factory unless you go with stock-ish suspension.
                          The e30 is my 30th car.

My trans mounts are Oem.. not after market.

The engine is smooth.I'm just picky. Im just very finicky..things need to be just right or I change them.
                          -Art

Comment

High 5.

Then yeah, you're just picky. ;)

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I love the fact that my e30 vibrates. I love solid mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert23 View Post
                                I love the fact that my e30 vibrates. I love solid mounts.
                                Do you sit on the washer when you wash your clothes?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X