X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sh3rpak!ng
    replied
    Thanks all for the recommendations!! My friend is thrilled to have a handful of shops to check out and is extremely appreciative of the community for being so willing to support one another. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• randywalters
    replied
    Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
    Hey folks. Friend of mine has a newer x5 that we suspect has a bad head gasket (losing coolant, pressurized coolant, white smoke out exhaust). Any recommendations for a shop in the Gardena/Carson/Inglewood/Long Beach general area?
    The best independent BMW shop in the area is:

South Bay Independent BMW Service
    18020 S. Vermont Ave
    Gardena, Ca. 90248

(310) 532-3145

The owner and his brother are BMW Trained and previous worked at BMW Dealerships.

They're also open most Saturdays by appointment. They're Honest, Capable, and Affordable.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_T
    replied
    Hey folks. Friend of mine has a newer x5 that we suspect has a bad head gasket (losing coolant, pressurized coolant, white smoke out exhaust). Any recommendations for a shop in the Gardena/Carson/Inglewood/Long Beach general area? Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Hans Imports is in Huntington Beach - which is close next to Long Beach, which I mentioned above. Hans has many X5 customers.

714-536-4000, 714-960-9000 - ask for Hans Sr. or Larry, tell them Tom T with the blue `88 Westy van in there right now referred them. I've been a customer since 1975.

Cheers!
    Tom
    ///////

Leave a comment:

• Sh3rpak!ng
    replied
    Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
    EF1 Motorsports in Long Beach. Super kind owner, nice shop. Maintains a range of higher-end euros there.
    Originally posted by IRON-E View Post

Eurotech USA on El Segundo/Praire, behind the gas station. Talk to my buddy *Favian* tell him I referred you. Good guy, not a BSer and knows BMWs as he is a certified independent tech.
    thank you both, I'll pass on the references

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Hey folks. Friend of mine has a newer x5 that we suspect has a bad head gasket (losing coolant, pressurized coolant, white smoke out exhaust). Any recommendations for a shop in the Gardena/Carson/Inglewood/Long Beach general area? Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Eurotech USA on El Segundo/Praire, behind the gas station. Talk to my buddy *Favian* tell him I referred you. Good guy, not a BSer and knows BMWs as he is a certified independent tech.

Leave a comment:

• Chilezen
    replied
    EF1 Motorsports in Long Beach. Super kind owner, nice shop. Maintains a range of higher-end euros there.

Leave a comment:

• Sh3rpak!ng
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    The SoCal FS thread isnt as strict as the regular classifieds... post em up now

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    ya i know but i don't have prices probably going to sit on this shit awhile before putting it up.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Theres a SoCal FS thread here in the CA subforum

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...thread/page145

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    hey maybe this is the wrong section but i'm selling off all my m30 stuff
    heads, turbo stuff, tranny, clutch flywheel, intake manifold for the turbo, oil pans stuff like that
    anyone interested let me know i haven't put anything up for sale yet.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_T
    replied
    Originally posted by ThisGuy310
    Long time no chat. Anyone have a good smog guy they could recommend me?
    Please pm me, thanks.
    Again, not sure where you're located, but my guy in Huntington Beach is STAR - so they can test & repair to pass. FYI - I've been going to Hans since 1975 for my `73 Porsche 914-2.0, `88 VW Westfalia (in there right now for smog & other work) & `85 325e (going in for smog next) - & he knows E30s well.

So tell Hans, Hansie or Larry that Tom T from Orange with those cars referred you..
    https://www.facebook.com/hansimportsinc

Cheers!
    Tom
    ///////

Leave a comment:

• Tom_T
    replied
    Originally posted by SteezyMcD View Post
    Anyone have recommendations for a place to take my wheels to be restored and powder-coated? I have some style 5 wheels with some minor curb rash and fading paint that could use some love
    Not sure where you're at, but I'd recco Al Reed in Anaheim:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Al-Re...62789037083942

He's well known in the Porsche & other import wheel resto community.

PS - Al specializes in wheels, & you need to be specific on what you want done - from a stock refinish, to custom, to full polish, etc.

Cheers!
    Tom
    ///////
    Last edited by Tom_T; 03-03-2020, 10:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sh3rpak!ng
    replied
    Originally posted by ThisGuy310
    Long time no chat. Anyone have a good smog guy they could recommend me?
    Please pm me, thanks.
    Did you find one? I need it too. Both cars are due :(

Anyone who has a hookup please PM!

Originally posted by SteezyMcD View Post
    Anyone have recommendations for a place to take my wheels to be restored and powder-coated? I have some style 5 wheels with some minor curb rash and fading paint that could use some love
    I just had a set done by a shop in Gardena called Crisol Metal Finishing which came out nice. Not perfect, but nice. And not bad for $50 per wheel. You definitely have to be very specific about what parts need to be masked. They masked the hud mounting surface but not the bore. By comparison there's an actual "wheel refinisher" close to Crisol's that quoted $90 per wheel. I assume the difference is that one specializes in refinishing wheels while the other doesn't and these sorts of details plus a superior finish are what stand them apart.

Leave a comment:

• SteezyMcD
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X