X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• randywalters
    replied
    Originally posted by E30Kills View Post
    Can anyone ID the wheels that are on the car? The caps say ACT but I have never heard of this brand.
    ACT was a German wheel maker that was bought by parent company Ronal about three decades ago. Ronal re-issued the Ronal ACT-LS in the early 2000's and the first production run came with ACT badges on center caps like yours, so it's very possible this is the wheel you have. Your spokes and caps look like they have been painted (or powder coated) by a previous owner, as the ACT-LS had a machined face.

If you can add good pictures of the lug bolt area with the printing that's embossed in that area that would help me confirm.

Or just tell us if it says ACT Germany and 7.5Jx15 and E(25).

I had 6 sets of these back in those days when was actively competing in my E30 :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=9853765.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	9938166
    Last edited by randywalters; Yesterday, 01:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dasmanschaft012
    replied
    Originally posted by E30Kills View Post
    Hey guys! I just moved back to CA and picked up another E30. [...] as of right now I can't even go over speed bumps without scraping.
    Welcome back to The Promised Land (past tense)
    Sounds like the correct ride height.

Leave a comment:

• E30Kills
    replied
    Hey guys! I just moved back to CA and picked up another E30. I previously had a 1991 318i as well as a 1987 325is Mtech1. The E30 I just picked up is a 1991 318is. At some point it needs some bodywork as well as some paint so if anyone has any suggestions on shops in Orange County let me know! I have some pics below. Can anyone ID the wheels that are on the car? The caps say ACT but I have never heard of this brand. One of the first things I need to do is raise the car maybe .25 of an inch, as of right now I can't even go over speed bumps without scraping.

Leave a comment:

• No1b4me
    replied
    Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6662619321729/

That M52 car is getting flipped. I messaged him, this guy is convinced it makes 300HP... previous owner said 260 and it needs tuning....
    Wow. That was quick. For $7500, that's a good deal, for $13k, not so much.

Leave a comment:

• Motheye99
    replied
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6662619321729/

That M52 car is getting flipped. I messaged him, this guy is convinced it makes 300HP... previous owner said 260 and it needs tuning....

Leave a comment:

• No1b4me
    replied
    Originally posted by Chilezen View Post

Wow, that's nearly the same route I'm taking with my build.
    I wonder who bought it.

No1b4me , ask reelizmpro , he has a good sound system in his vert. Also check out the audio section in this forum. What area of LA are you in?
    Thanks. I'm in the SGV. Based on just searching and researching, I ordered a Continental TR7412UB-OR and would just keep my premium sound system (was told my convertible has it). I also found a thread on here regarding the wiring so let's see how that goes. I'm not an audio snob or anything like that. Just like a more up to date head unit.

Leave a comment:

• Chilezen
    replied
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9251755242520/

Anyone know who built this? Looks like he bought it from orange county craigslist pre built. It checks every box.
    Wow, that's nearly the same route I'm taking with my build.
    I wonder who bought it.

No1b4me , ask reelizmpro , he has a good sound system in his vert. Also check out the audio section in this forum. What area of LA are you in?

Leave a comment:

• No1b4me
    replied

Someone out bid me on it today he kept playing me against someone so I bailed. If you agree to do a deposit and then when I ask for a paypal dont fucking come back saying someone else is getting to see the car before me.
    Good call. Definitely wasn't me. Haha. He also, didn't get back to me about my question either.

Leave a comment:

• Motheye99
    replied
    Originally posted by No1b4me View Post

Haha, funny you asked. I messaged him last night asking if he knew. I'll let you know what he says.
    Someone out bid me on it today he kept playing me against someone so I bailed. If you agree to do a deposit and then when I ask for a paypal dont fucking come back saying someone else is getting to see the car before me.

Leave a comment:

• No1b4me
    replied

Thanks for all the info! I've never heard of Mello Roos before. I'll look into it. My situation's fairly complicated; I'm taking care of my elderly mother, and we have a tenant staying with us at our place in Carson to help with our bills. But the tenant is leaving in August, so I'm taking that opportunity to move closer to work. I can't afford a house, which is why I started looking at a rental, but my sister will be helping me buy a house for us; she can front the down payment and I pay the mortgage. I'm new at this, so there's still much for me to learn.

When I worked at a shop, there was a guy in a truck who came around every once in a while... my advice is to contact a shop you know to see if they have a guy coming around their shop *shurgs*

Cool man! What are your plans for it? Daily, cruiser?

I have a broken ZF that I need to fix for my swap. Are the internals that much different than the getrags?
    For now, just as a cruiser for the wife and I on the weekend. I know this is a topic that's been discussed, but I'm looking to replace the head unit. Any recommendations or places to get it installed at? Just want to know what you guys have in your cars. Thanks so much.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Thats a good looking early model and at a great price

Leave a comment:

• No1b4me
    replied

Anyone know who built this? Looks like he bought it from orange county craigslist pre built. It checks every box.
    Haha, funny you asked. I messaged him last night asking if he knew. I'll let you know what he says.

Leave a comment:

• Motheye99
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jr02518
    replied
    Auto X this weekend, July 12th at AAA Fontana. Details at Motorsporrtreg.com. I will be running my E21 on a fresh set of Falken 660's, got to love new tires.

If your car has stock'ish springs run GS. If you have camber plates and coil overs you run FSP. If you have any questions I will help you class your car.

See you Sunday!

David

Leave a comment:

• dasmanschaft012
    replied
    I have a broken ZF that I need to fix for my swap. Are the internals that much different than the getrags?
    If anyone would ******* sell me some transmissions, i could compare side by side and tell you exactly. But yes, ZF and getrags have much different internals.
    I would give you a little bit of cash for your broken one

Leave a comment:

Working...
X