Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I hate the most is they immediately assume the reason we drive older cars is really because we can't afford new ones. Like it's unfathomable to like an old BMW vs a new one. This implies we secretly want to be them and underneath it all we envy them...what a crock of shit.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
      What is it ghetto
      yes...and he just asked me if I accept credit card...da faq??

What gets me is what I was talking about the other night at a meet.

I grew up and first got into cars when I lived in the midwest, there were only a few guys per car model so we all had to pack together...I had VWs but all the euros packed together, some guys had MKI Vws, some had aircooled, some had brand new VWs, some had Volovos, some had BMWs, some had Saabs, some had classic porsches...we all had to band together, and we all appreciated eachothers cars and what they meant to their owner...E46 guys got along with aircooled vw guys, and drank beers, and talked about fat chicks causing rubbing issues

And to be completely honest, I loved it, everybody brought something totally different to the table, nobodies car was the same, and everybody shared interest in eachothers cars...if we stuck to specific models, there would have been three of us in our MK2s

Ever since I moved to LA I noticed theres a real cut off in the 90s, and I cant figure it out, it really sucks, its just not the same

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
      Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
        Spencer, Go buy a dremel tool and do the job right. I have two that are in the junk pile getting thrown away that look better than that if you want one to try to do the job right.

Cheers,

Jim
        Eh, I don't think it looks bad, but if you want to give me one to do correctly, sure.

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
        What I hate the most is they immediately assume the reason we drive older cars is really because we can't afford new ones. Like it's unfathomable to like an old BMW vs a new one. This implies we secretly want to be them and underneath it all we envy them...what a crock of shit.
        I just like older cars. Newer ones suck and have too much technology and they usually cost more to repair.

Comment

Originally posted by turge View Post
          Newer ones suck
          Such and educated statement

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

Comment

My e30 is the most expensive car I've ever owned. My previous car was a brand new VW GTI. So yeah I'm jelly of someone who has $450 lease payment. I wish my e30 was that cheap.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Too much technology lol.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Too much weight. It's crazy to think that a car that cost 6 figures and is made completely out of carbon fiber weighs more then an e30.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
                  Such and educated statement
                  I mean the technology is nice, but it also adds weight. I don't mind driving newer cars, I just like older ones.

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                  My e30 is the most expensive car I've ever owned. My previous car was a brand new VW GTI. So yeah I'm jelly of someone who has $450 lease payment. I wish my e30 was that cheap.
                  My e30 has been my only car and I'm already deep into my pockets with it. Totally worth it though.

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                  Too much technology lol.
                  Traction control is for pussies. Although I'll take it in the snow. Not even close to being an expert since I rarely drive in it.

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                  Too much weight. It's crazy to think that a car that cost 6 figures and is made completely out of carbon fiber weighs more then an e30.
                  ^ This.

Comment

Cool video...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355559565.359396.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	7148727 she's gone... Time for a new one..😭

Comment

Oh FFFFFF..... Need some explanation. And where do i get a plate like yours?
                        » PARTS FOR SALE
                        » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

This happened about two weeks ago when it was raining non-stop. I was heading back home from dropping stuff off. On the way back some lady spun out on the freeway on ramp, she spun out into the 3rd lane where big rigs are. As the big rig hit her, he went left into my lane. I tried to brake as best as I can, I couldn't of avoided it. The big rig hit my car and another 5series. To get personal plates you gotta talk to the DMV, I forgot how much they are though.

Comment

I'm 38 years old, I like 80s car styles (my era), if I had the room (parking space) I would buy other brands too. I could also get myself into a newer car if I so desired., maybe not a BMW but definitely a newer car.

I like the nostalgia of old cars, all the quirks and electrical gremlins to figure out, actually give me something to do, creating a learning experience and appreciation for what was, it's where is at for me.

I don't hate new BMWs, I just don't like the body lines. To me, almost every new car is a derived version of a Honda CIVIC (electric shavers)., what does that tell you about Honda?Simple, the styling is more accepted world wide than all the other ones, hence the reason why almost all new cars look alike.
                            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by Olnoraa View Post
                              [ATTACH]63511[/ATTACH] she's gone... Time for a new one..😭
                              This is how rusty started

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
                                This is how rusty started
                                I don't think I'm going to keep the car. I'm just going to take what's good on that car and give it to my brother

Comment

Working...
                                X