Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i might have missed it but why are you getting a full exhaust when theres so much other stuff you can do to your car? the gains are minimal other than sound. if i were you, id get the damn hanger welded and do the suspension and wheels if you want. at least you will notice the improvement with that

tl:dl
    full race exhaust on a vert.. wuz goin on hurrr

Comment

just bolt up the catback you bought from jim, take it to ANY shop and have them weld a $5 bracket on there and wait until you've done appearance work first. exhaust can be redone properly at the proper time, just don't think now is the right time imho.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
      my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by JFarhanbod View Post
        i might have missed it but why are you getting a full exhaust when theres so much other stuff you can do to your car? the gains are minimal other than sound. if i were you, id get the damn hanger welded and do the suspension and wheels if you want. at least you will notice the improvement with that

tl:dl
        full race exhaust on a vert.. wuz goin on hurrr
        Here's the issue right meow:

I want to have flanges for easy exhaust removal. Another thing is that my exhaust goes from dual to single. The catback I got is dual. So I'm going to have to have everything fixed up to fit anyways and I figured I might as well do everything at once.

Comment

Basically here are my options.

1. Go back to stock exhaust / cat with the magnaflow I got but still put on flanges for easy removal and hangers.
          2. Headers / single piping from the 02 s to the muffler (which would need to be modded to go back to single), custom flanges / hangers.
          3. #1 no flanges
          4. #2 no flanges
          5. Just weld it up and make it so the muffler goes from dual to single to meet up with cat piping. (cheapest but lamest option)

Comment

Kids gon' kid.

Comment

Originally posted by turge View Post
              I just want to get my exhaust fixed up first. Besides, everyone has been saying fix my exhaust, so I might as well do it right the first time.
              Quoted for the Lulz later.
              harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by turge View Post
                Basically here are my options.

1. Go back to stock exhaust / cat with the magnaflow I got but still put on flanges for easy removal and hangers.
                2. Headers / single piping from the 02 s to the muffler (which would need to be modded to go back to single), custom flanges / hangers.
                3. #1 no flanges
                4. #2 no flanges
                5. Just weld it up and make it so the muffler goes from dual to single to meet up with cat piping. (cheapest but lamest option)
                Spencer,

After seeing the condition of your engine bay, skip the fancy stuff for now. Fix the exhaust the lest expensive way you ca and just put the stuff I sold you on the car. Then fix all the hanging and fubb (fucked up beyond believe) stuff in your engine bay and redo you center console with the one i gave you.

Headers and flanges are a waste of money. Without one of Matt's heads there will be no gain with headers or your "big" injectors. If you want more power then adjust your clattering valves and give it a tuneup and you will notice the difference immediately. Finish what you have started first! THEN move on to bigger an better things like suspension and wheels. I have never been rousted for the 5 speed swap so for now I would not worry about that because it does not effect the smog or performance nearly as much as the things that I have mentioned.

Forget about the bling and get back to basics.

Cheers,

Jim
                sigpic

Comment

Why not flip the exhaust & have it go from a single to dual tip. Voila.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                  DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                    Why not flip the exhaust & have it go from a single to dual tip. Voila.
                    I really think the young man is confused. The cat back that I sold him has the two stock flanges that hook up the the cat so as long as he has the stock cat he is golden. If not your solution might work as well or just put a "Y" on the front of the cat back taking it from two pipes to one larger one that fits the non-stock cat. It should be a simple fix at the muffler shop that I recommended to him.

Cheers,

Jim
                    sigpic

Comment

He not yet knows knows the ways of r3vonomics.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Turge, your exhaust doesnt need easy removal, are you removing your driveshaft on a biweekly basis, no, so fix it the correct way, and move onto the rest lf ur car, by right way, i mean for your budget just fix it

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                        Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Will you all stop hassling turge, I'm scared bimmerfest won't happen, it's already February and he hasn't posted the caravan thread :/

Slept right through super car Sunday -__-
                          sigpic

Comment

U suck. U missed a great event brohana montana
                            harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by dvck View Post
                              Slept right through super car Sunday -__-
                              Same here -___-

Originally posted by yert315
                              Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Thanks Harry.

Not only did I miss that, I woke up with that terrible, "did that actually happen or was that a nightmare" feeling.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X