This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
    bad idea to run radiator hoses close/ against the oil pan? (front side) my only concern is how hot the pan will be.

swapping in a 318 rad on my m20 and the lower rad hose is at the bottom on the passenger side(which is opposite of the stock radiator, along with the expansion tank hose) which i also wanna run below with the lower rad hose.

all i can think is that either the hose melts? or that the pans heat would re-heat the cooled coolant in the hose and cause overheating problems?

thoughts/ concerns?
    Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
    Oil and water temps are about the same
    don't see any issues with it melting or causing overheating issues. however, it may rub against it causing it to tear into the hose.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
    my feedback thread

Comment

Not to mention all late models have the outlets in the same position (relatively) as the m42 radiator. The only issue is the drain plug may rub the pulley if your not running the trans bumper stopper thingy.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

-__-

E30 started stuttering on the way home tonight. Felt like CPS or AFM. Won't even run now. Poo
        '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
        '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
        Is that thing on air?

Comment

thats not right... check your plugs

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
          DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Plugs are fine. It's not a consistent misfire. Started at being hesitation only past half throttle, made it 6 blocks then it became a full time stutter. Now wont run unless I have my foot on the gas and even then it's only on like 3 cyl.
            '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
            '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
            Is that thing on air?

Comment

fuel pump?

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
              DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Good morning people.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                  fuel pump?
                  or bad/clogged fuel filter. had that on mine once, same stuff happening. .
                  PBMW Magazine. PVW Mag

Fender Rolling for dirt cheap in SoCal. Hit me up.

Check out my work...

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=165114

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                    don't see any issues with it melting or causing overheating issues. however, it may rub against it causing it to tear into the hose.
                    thanks guys, feeling better about it.
                    gonna fab up brackets to hold the hose so it cant hit the ref wheel or rub on the pan.

the hose looks bigger in the first pic, just a weird angle
                    its close, but it think i can make it work.
                    -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                    -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                    MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                    Got Drop?? ;-)
                    Originally posted by JinormusJ
                    But of course
                    E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

the point? ^

Comment

the expansion tank is on the drivers-side, its either this or plumb it up and over the motor.
                        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                        Got Drop?? ;-)
                        But of course

Comment

the expansion tank is on the drivers-side, its either this or plumb it up and over the motor.
                          Are you shaving/tucking the engine bay Or is your car a early but your running a late model expansion tank??

Comment

early eta, running a e36 318 rad. the expansion tank is part of the radiator
                            Got Drop?? ;-)
                            But of course

Comment

early eta, running a e36 318 rad. the expansion tank is part of the radiator
                              you need a 88+ water pump , the metal hose from a late model. Then basically your running a late model type set up.

Comment

+1. Your doing it wrong.

www.gecoils.com
                                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X