This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
    ^^ if you supply beerz and sammiches im pretty sure someone is willing to go out there
    I'm more of a soda kinda guy but yeah I have beers, though not many.

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
    Assuming you are referring to the 5-speed guide shaft, that takes some elbow grease to get on. What I did was stick the longest bolt I could with the shaft slightly in the pilot bearing and start tightening the bolt. The tranny will have no where to go except into the bearing
    I know for sure it is splined into the clutch, but I don't know if the shaft is in the pilot. I'm not sure they are 100% aligned, I eyeballed it. I have managed to thread two bolts on...

basically last time I put the engine in, it slotted right in. *clunk* I can't get the same result now.

Originally posted by thatphysicsguy View Post
    So what can I offer to get some extra hands to help me put my car together tomorrow night?
    You help me today, I drive this new engine over there and help you tomorrow :)

Currently building a badass coffee table
    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

I MIIIIIIGHT be heading down to san diego for the night but the weather peeps is sayingz that there is a flash flood warning. can anyone in san diego let me know whats going on?
      also can I crash at your place for tonight??
      Originally posted by dvck
      I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

SoCal General Chat

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
        Basically last time I put the engine in, it slotted right in. *clunk* I can't get the same result now.
        I've never had a transmission job that was ever the same. In the same car, same transmission, I would get that easy "clunk" and it would slip right in, but the second time I had it off for the clutch, it needed some persuasion

Just bust out that elbow grease

I MIIIIIIGHT be heading down to san diego for the night but the weather peeps is sayingz that there is a flash flood warning. can anyone in san diego let me know whats going on?

Weather is pretty iffy out here; it's cloudy but not warm, so it's nice (If your work includes 10+ hours working in the hot sub daily), but I wouldn't go out of my way to come out here.
        Last edited by JinormusJ; 08-03-2014, 12:35 PM.

Comment

awww man I wanted to go to the beaches out there cuz im off tomorrow :(
          Originally posted by dvck
          I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

The flash flood warning is just to keep people away from washes and low areas, they come around whenever it rains.
            '91 325i

Comment

Any body running AKG 75D CABS? What are you thoughts. I need to order pretty soon, and I really want the solid rubber cabs that turner motorsports has but the majority of parts are coming from pelican parts who does not have'em. Trying to get that free shipping.

Comment

You help me today, I drive this new engine over there and help you tomorrow :)
                I have work until late tonight
                '91 325i

Comment

Just touched back down at LAX. Feels so good to be back

-NICK

Comment

Welcome Back B

I know the feeling well. Almost 3 years in NorCal since the move and it's nice to be back for a few months

Comment

Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
                      Mine too! But they're manual. :-/
                      Smart-ass!

Sup guys, I'm having the hardest time getting my new engine into my car. Fucker doesn't want to go all the way in. I have an early model '87 and am putting in an '88 or '91, not sure; but it came with a dual-mass flywheel. I'm reusing my single and my clutch. The clutch engages, but can't seem to get the shaft into the pilot. I don't have an alignment tool but it looks dead on.

Are there any differences I need to know about between early and late models? Dimensions?

Could anyone come by today or Monday when it's not raining? I'm in Torrance. If I could at least borrow a clutch tool, that'd be great too, thanks
                      I can bring by an alignment tool tonight if you need one. 3108943212

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                      That's how they are.
                      Are you messing with me?

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
                      Just touched back down at LAX. Feels so good to be back
                      I want to hear all about it! I'm a little miffed that I had to track down trip pictures on your GFs Instagram. C'mon mang!
                      1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                      1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                      1974 2002tii / stock
                      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                        I can bring by an alignment tool tonight if you need one. 3108943212
                        Cool thank you, I'll send a text in a few. The question for all is, should I just force the engine in by threading the bolts in? I don't want to end up breaking another engine.

The input shaft and the pilot bearing are the same size throughout all e30 years, correct?

Comment

I would recommend avoiding that because you have a chance of destroying the pilot bearing. I don't usually use an alignment tool, but the times I have it has popped right on
                          1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                          1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                          1974 2002tii / stock
                          2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

not affiliated. maybe a good deal. 8 hundo.... ..and any advice on the akg 75d's over turner solid rubber bushings.

Comment

Im going to need help with random e38 questions.. who do i ask?

V8 POOWA 2000 740IL

PS it's my brothers, not mine. :(

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by rhE-30 View Post
                                not affiliated. maybe a good deal. 8 hundo.... ..and any advice on the akg 75d's over turner solid rubber bushings.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...595583238.html
                                HAH. This car has the same problem my car had/has.

I tried asking around, but still hasn't been solved. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=328014

Comment

Working...
                                X