Holy crap that looks horrible, Ed. :rofl:
      -Kalim

British Racing Green, IE Springs/Bilsteins, IE exhaust, IE SSK,
      Momo shift knob, Miller MAF conversion, K&N intake,
      Blackworks Aluminum Radiator, 5MT swapped,
      Ellipsoids w/DDM HIDs, OEM Recaro Sports, Momo Mod07 Wheel,
      Drilled+Slotted Rotors, Alpine HU/Amp/speakers, 12" enclosed sub

Comment

hey guys i really need your help im in the middle of putting on my suspension and i got the front strut out and the spring compressed but the top nut just seems to spin the shock shaft. i see a smaller nut looking thing on top of that but iv never taken the e30 front strut apart so idk what to do. please help
        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
        -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
        MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
        Got Drop?? ;-)
        Originally posted by JinormusJ
        But of course
        E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
          hey guys i really need your help im in the middle of putting on my suspension and i got the front strut out and the spring compressed but the top nut just seems to spin the shock shaft. i see a smaller nut looking thing on top of that but iv never taken the e30 front strut apart so idk what to do. please help
          Are you trying to release the top hat? I found it easiest to break the torque on it while it's still installed. Too late for that, so tape a vise grip up and use it to hold the shaft. Then break the torque on that top nut by tapping a hammer on the ratchet. Sometimes there's an allen head in the top of the strut shaft that you can use to counter the ratchet, but I think you need a special socket to use it.
          -Kalim

Comment

Originally posted by mammoth_e30 View Post
            Uh would you mind checking my trunk lol. Heard you guys got some rain yesterday? it's been snowing here.
            Right after I get it back from the impound. Most of the car is still intact.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

impact gun.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
              i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
              Originally posted by slammin.e28
              Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                impact gun.
                Almost suggested that, but I wanted someone else to be responsible when he beans himself in the face with the strut. :rofl:
                -Kalim

Comment

thanks i got it. i had already got the nut loose but then it spun the shaft so i put the socket that fit it. had some one hold it with pliers and got the socket for the smaller nut and spun the opposite direction. came right off.
                  -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                  -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                  MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                  Got Drop?? ;-)
                  Originally posted by JinormusJ
                  But of course
                  E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

thanks i got it. i had already got the nut loose but then it spun the shaft so i put the socket that fit it. had some one hold it with pliers and got the socket for the smaller nut and spun the opposite direction. came right off.
                    :up:
                    -Kalim

Comment

all this talk about elephant trunks, to find out mine is missing. i just got a fucking hole there.

but if that photo helps people find it, then cheers.
                      sigpic

Comment

Mine is cleaned, but I can't seem to get it back on without breaking so...
                        1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                        1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                        1974 2002tii / stock
                        2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                          Right after I get it back from the impound. Most of the car is still intact.
                          I hate you and still trust u more than anyone else at the same time.

I put a wrench on the end and took slow but methodical whacks on the wrench attached and it eventually came loose.

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                          Mine is cleaned, but I can't seem to get it back on without breaking so...
                          thats what happens when you buy a cheap dildo

Comment

all this elephant business...
                            thanks guys for the help. :up:

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                            my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                              all this elephant business...
                              thanks guys for the help. :up:
                              -Kalim

Comment

Travis & Mike,

those HR sports that are up for sale from the eagle rock guy
                                are HR sports for the M10 318s, the rears are soft as hell and will tuck rear tire.
                                the fronts however are nice and stiff, drop a little more than HR sports for M20s.

Just so you guys know what you'd be buying, they're not HR races.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X