This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ///digitalme View Post
    Did you guys see the top I was talking about???
    couldnt open it , somthing was bent and it was taggd up

Comment

Damn I looked it looked nice. But I wasn't I interested in convertible parts.

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
        paint looks a little burnt up like mine :(. I need a clean hood and fender. i had my chance a couple of times but didnt have the money
        ]

Comment

Gotta remember its dusty at the yard, so what may look burnt could polish up. Can't remember for sure though.
          1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
          1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
          1974 2002tii / stock
          2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

you should have pickdup the bumper...could have flipped it for a profit if they let it go for a good price
            ]

Comment

$52 ea. There was an AWII with clean plastic bumpers too that I almost bought.
              1974 2002tii / stock
              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                $52 ea. There was an AWII with clean plastic bumpers too that I almost bought.
                nvm. you actually could sell it for more but i wouldnt pay 52 unless i needed it. We got a valance and a front bumper at the sun valley yard for 40
                ]

Comment

Exactly.

I pulled a t3 tarbo today too, but they wanted mucho deniro for it.
                  Last edited by mkcman17; 04-03-2011, 06:57 PM.
                  1974 2002tii / stock
                  2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

before

during

after

Comment

You should do mine....:)

Comment

Originally posted by ///digitalme View Post
                        before
                        [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/ooinreverieoo/IMG00508-20110403-1516.jpg[
                        [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/ooinreverieoo/IMG00507-20110403-1515.jpg[
                        [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/ooinreverieoo/IMG00506-20110403-1515.jpg[/I

during

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/ooinreverieoo/IMG00515-20110403-1608.jpg[/

after

Is it as easy as i think? because i've been thinking about doing this
                        ]

Comment

to be honest its super easy from a scale from 1 to 10 id give it a 4
                          it just takes a little time putting everything back right i had to stretch the vynil
                          a little more....and i have no experience whatsoever...
                          although i have worked with foam before at highend motorcycle seat company..
                          thats where they made me a custom made shift boot...
                          i didnt want to buy a new seat since its hard to get the vynil in good condition i just took a part one at the junkyard in like 10 mins...
                          theres not much holding it i have more pictures if you guys are interested

Comment

im in for more pictures. i ask because i sometimes see sport seats in black in that condition and dont know if its worth it to pick up bolsters and do this. Specially since i see blue sport seats most often
                            ]

Comment

Definitely worth it specially since passenger and drivers seat are the same it won't matter what bolster you get they are all the same. The one I got from a passenger seat
                              I'll upload more pictures if the process. Asked a local shop and they wanted 50 to install it I was like how hard can it be?

Comment

i know what you mean. I've taken a sport seat apart and it was easy. did you use the same old hog rings? or did you use new ones?
                                ]

Comment

Working...
                                X