Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone interested in sept 18 autox at camarillo? $75 lunch included, many runs, little work, and there are usually a lot of nice cars that show

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
      Anyone interested in sept 18 autox at camarillo? $75 lunch included, many runs, little work, and there are usually a lot of nice cars that show

Noted.

I'm going to do what I can to make it.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
        Noted.

I'm going to do what I can to make it.
        here's the link: sept 18 camarillo autox, it's not on motorsportreg
        Shadetree30

Comment

I will try. I have a feeling the wife has something planned that weekend.

What are the deets though? What time are you planning on leaving the area ? No additional SCCA fees?
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            I will try. I have a feeling the wife has something planned that weekend.

What are the deets though? What time are you planning on leaving the area ? No additional SCCA fees?
            it's not through SCCA, so there are no extra fees. You can bring guests and pay a little extra to cover their lunches. It's very chill, far less competitive than the autox through SCCA. Event location is 45 mins away from venice (probably less considering the road is empty in the early morning). Registration is around 8, I plan to get there at 7 to setup my stuff. You can stay as long as you want. I don't recall exactly how long the last even I went to ran, but I seem to remember that by 2-3pm or so people were getting tired and leaving, and you could get a lot of runs in if you wanted to. There wasn't any official course work, more like you could volunteer to pick up cones for a bit if you wanted to. The surface is pristine brand new asphalt.
            Shadetree30

Comment

Do you have to work cones?
              sigpic

Comment

it's not through SCCA, so there are no extra fees. You can bring guests and pay a little extra to cover their lunches. It's very chill, far less competitive than the autox through SCCA. Event location is 45 mins away from venice (probably less considering the road is empty in the early morning). Registration is around 8, I plan to get there at 7 to setup my stuff. You can stay as long as you want. I don't recall exactly how long the last even I went to ran, but I seem to remember that by 2-3pm or so people were getting tired and leaving, and you could get a lot of runs in if you wanted to. There wasn't any official course work, more like you could volunteer to pick up cones for a bit if you wanted to. The surface is pristine brand new asphalt.
                Dang, this is sounding more and more appealing by the minute. My son will be in town that weekend, so I don't want to commit, as I usually hang out with him and not do car schtuff.
                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                  Do you have to work cones?
                  I did not have to at the last event

Shadetree30

Comment

Camarillo events are great. I'd be going this month if I wasn't on a plane to Bangkok as I type this. I'll catch you guys at the next one!

-NICK

Comment

Sounds like the perfect chance for my car's first cone dance!

Comment

Originally posted by whitebulat22 View Post
                        Sounds like the perfect chance for my car's first cone dance!
                        Do it! Lets get a good group going!

Shadetree30

Comment

Do it! Lets get a good group going!
                          I'm down to hitch a ride with someone and go as the group photographer lol
                          I haven't been to anything car related in a while.
                          sigpic
                          @joshua.j.rizo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
                          Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377693

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371904

Comment

Originally posted by J.Rizo View Post
                            I'm down to hitch a ride with someone and go as the group photographer lol
                            I haven't been to anything car related in a while.
                            I might be able to, but I dont know if you're on the way, and I also dont know if my wife will want to join us.

I just noticed its a sunday also, not sure if that helps or hurts the situation. If anything it gives me another day to get all the things I need finished.

edit: Im trying to decide between getting some seats locally that arent E30 spec (yet) or going on a mission to AZ and picking up a solid E30 seat that has the seat, rail and a harness.

Its a mission for sure, but it will bolt in and be done. I had planned the budget around this, whereas the Evo8 Recaros that are currently at the top of the list (and local) will end up costing a little more, wont be immediately a bolt in, but I will have TWO seats, instead of one...

Thoughts?
                            Last edited by 2mAn; 09-01-2016, 04:03 PM.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              I might be able to, but I dont know if you're on the way, and I also dont know if my wife will want to join us.

I just noticed its a sunday also, not sure if that helps or hurts the situation. If anything it gives me another day to get all the things I need finished.

edit: Im trying to decide between getting some seats locally that arent E30 spec (yet) or going on a mission to AZ and picking up a solid E30 seat that has the seat, rail and a harness.

Its a mission for sure, but it will bolt in and be done. I had planned the budget around this, whereas the Evo8 Recaros that are currently at the top of the list (and local) will end up costing a little more, wont be immediately a bolt in, but I will have TWO seats, instead of one...

Thoughts?
                              Local seats.
                              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I'm not from SoCal but you guys should check this out

Feedback!
                                Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                                Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Working...
                                X