This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
    sup dudes, man this job hunt stuff is beginning to get to me. been unemployed for a few months now and this shit sucks.
    Tell me about it, sucks dick.

Edit: Does anyone know of any good exhaust shops in SD? I failed emissions and need to have a new cat welded in.

Comment

I missed the debates on whether oil coolers are very important on hot m20s or not and can't find them using the google, what do you guys recommend for a 2.9? Is it something that can be helped by getting a really good radiator that keeps the water right at 80C?

Comment

Originally posted by whitebulat22 View Post
        I missed the debates on whether oil coolers are very important on hot m20s or not and can't find them using the google, what do you guys recommend for a 2.9? Is it something that can be helped by getting a really good radiator that keeps the water right at 80C?
        If you're using a good synthetic oil, you'll be fine running an m20 without a cooler, but I mean, why not run a cooler?

Is this for a daily, track car or what?
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I pick up my Benz today, heading out on my lunchbreak to hand over the cash. Luckily it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be but this kind of thing makes me really re-think my choice for a daily. I really want a M52/M54 clownshoe and I think I could own it for less and its more DIY friendly

Tell me horror stories about them so I can kill this idea in my head
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            Finally ordered a decent TIG welder to learn on (AHP AlphaTIG 200X 200 Amp IGBT AC DC Tig/Stick Welder with PULSE 110v 200v).

Anyone have any first hand experience with one of these? Reviews are super good and watched a bunch of videos, seems like the best bang for your buck.

I will be buying this after the new year. Been looking at that one for a while. Seems to be a good machine

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              I pick up my Benz today, heading out on my lunchbreak to hand over the cash. Luckily it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be but this kind of thing makes me really re-think my choice for a daily. I really want a M52/M54 clownshoe and I think I could own it for less and its more DIY friendly

Tell me horror stories about them so I can kill this idea in my head
              How many miles do you have on your w204?
              I love my M54 so much :p nothing bad to say about it.
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by whitebulat22 View Post
                Those two things aren't really synonymous though.
                Get a gauge and see what it's doing if you're worried. The oem cooler is also sufficient to make things easier.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  I will be buying this after the new year. Been looking at that one for a while. Seems to be a good machine
                  Really does, can't wait to get it. I got a nice pile of scrap metal waiting for it :p

Comment

If you're using a good synthetic oil, you'll be fine running an m20 without a cooler, but I mean, why not run a cooler?

Is this for a daily, track car or what?
                    Hopefully it'll be both a daily and track car, I think I'll just go ahead and get an OEM cooler because I agree no reason not to.

Comment

How many miles do you have on your w204?
                      I love my M54 so much :p nothing bad to say about it.
                      Had 130 when I bought it a year ago, its over 145 now.

Good list of maintenance history, and I havent had any issues other than this steering lock BS and a needle in the tire that needed to be replaced.

Problem with the clownshoes Ive found is that they are also high miles, very similar to mine and anything with under 100k is going to cost me more money than the car I currently own, and I really dont want to add debt
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

I'd just keep the merc, you know for sure it has a good history and it's been good to you so far.

I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of selling and buying. Especially if you're going to be getting a BMW with similar miles on it.

That's my 2 cents

Comment

I'd just keep the merc, you know for sure it has a good history and it's been good to you so far.

I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of selling and buying. Especially if you're going to be getting a BMW with similar miles on it.

That's my 2 cents
                          Thats a bit how Im feeling. Its also a lot more of a logical car than a clownshoe is. Normally I wouldnt buy a car with this high of miles or a Merc for that reason, but I was really impressed with it and the service record appealed to me. Finally when I talked them down on the price I bought it. I just need to figure out how to lower the front a tiny bit without changing the suspension. I need to see what the strut caps look like. I already know I can lower the rear the tiny extra bit by using thinner factory spring pads, but the I will have to get creative on the front
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Thats a bit how Im feeling. Its also a lot more of a logical car than a clownshoe is. Normally I wouldnt buy a car with this high of miles or a Merc for that reason, but I was really impressed with it and the service record appealed to me. Finally when I talked them down on the price I bought it. I just need to figure out how to lower the front a tiny bit without changing the suspension. I need to see what the strut caps look like. I already know I can lower the rear the tiny extra bit by using thinner factory spring pads, but the I will have to get creative on the front
                            Do you have the sport or base? I can get you a diagram of the front

Comment

Do you have the sport or base? I can get you a diagram of the front
                              Sport, so the spring rates are already higher and I really dont want to make it any stiffer but I want to go maybe 10-15mm lower. Just a tiny bit more
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Sport, so the spring rates are already higher and I really dont want to make it any stiffer but I want to go maybe 10-15mm lower. Just a tiny bit more

Looks like the lower pad is the only place you'll be able to modify to get lower. Idk about 10 mm though :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X