• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front end is soooo low O_O
    Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
    Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
    Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberkaa View Post
      Could be either power or ground cable, but still need to look for drains. Are your accessories, lights, everything getting enough juice with the engine off and the key in position 2? I'd help you out if I was closer, haha.
      yeahhh i was thinking its my radio. my ground cable looks to be just fine. im thinking that since i didnt hook up the battery negative on the radio, its draining it. i couldnt think of anything else. trunk lights turn off and only drivers side door seems to turn on interior lights.
      Originally posted by ÜberslowETA View Post
      Anyone down to hit up Sherman Oaks Euro Meet tonight? I will be there. its in the far east parking lot by the In and Out.
      damn, would have gone but my girl stole me. ill def be there next week after work!
      Originally posted by nickflic3 View Post
      pictars or gtfo!

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
      my feedback thread

Comment

Pics nao! :hitler:

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
        yeahhh i was thinking its my radio. my ground cable looks to be just fine. im thinking that since i didnt hook up the battery negative on the radio, its draining it. i couldnt think of anything else. trunk lights turn off and only drivers side door seems to turn on interior lights.

damn, would have gone but my girl stole me. ill def be there next week after work!

pictars or gtfo!
        You mean your radio isn't even powered? It wouldn't drain it if it's disconnected.
        -Kalim

British Racing Green, IE Springs/Bilsteins, IE exhaust, IE SSK,
        Momo shift knob, Miller MAF conversion, K&N intake,
        Blackworks Aluminum Radiator, 5MT swapped,
        Ellipsoids w/DDM HIDs, OEM Recaro Sports, Momo Mod07 Wheel,
        Drilled+Slotted Rotors, Alpine HU/Amp/speakers, 12" enclosed sub

Comment

You mean your radio isn't even powered? It wouldn't drain it if it's disconnected.
          no no. radio works just fine. its got acc, ground, then a yellow and black wire for a little capacitor battery thats with it. yellow is hooked up to constant power but the black wire for the battery isnt plugged in. could be the culprit.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
          my feedback thread

Comment

no no. radio works just fine. its got acc, ground, then a yellow and black wire for a little capacitor battery thats with it. yellow is hooked up to constant power but the black wire for the battery isnt plugged in. could be the culprit.
            Ah, I see. Haha, well, worth checking that out, but I still think it'll be something connected as opposed to something that's not. :p
            -Kalim

Comment

hell yea it is, how did it feel on the way home?

89 325i S50/ZF E36 M3/TI 5lug Style 32s

My feedback Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=219113

Comment

yooo newish here. anyone from the newport beach area?

Comment

netflix rules life.

this next year im buying an early model.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ah, I see. Haha, well, worth checking that out, but I still think it'll be something connected as opposed to something that's not. :p
                    yeahh im going to check it out when i install gg's voltmeter. how can i tell if its a bad ground battery wire? what else could it be if its not that? eeek, i hate wiring issues.
                    Originally posted by mr.dvck View Post
                    netflix rules life.

this next year im buying an early model.
                    i want one!

my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by edirtymo View Post
                      Alot of shit bro, to get a good job done, with 3m tint, it would prbably run about 150 for all around 5%. With that money i could do a good tune up, and an oil change. Which right now it needs much more then some dark windows lol
                      tune ups are mildly cheap. Hid's are cheap. Pretty much anything is fairly cheap if you think about it. I personally wouldn't waste 150 on tint. Plus 5% is just a ticket waiting to happen.

Oil change is about 15-25 bux

Comment

yeahh im going to check it out when i install gg's voltmeter. how can i tell if its a bad ground battery wire? what else could it be if its not that? eeek, i hate wiring issues.

i want one!
                        k, sounds good.

You can check your battery for good connections to the alternator by testing the following:
                        -battery negative to bare metal on the chassis
                        -chassis to alternator case
                        -battery positive to firewall positive distribution block
                        -firewall positive block to alternator positive
                        Resistance should be a few ohms max. I'm sure the alternator tests will be fine since your car runs ok.

Then, test for loads.
                        -Switch your multimeter to current measurement. Might have to move the + probe to a different socket on the multimeter. Most I've used have one specifically called "10A", "20A", just "Amps", or something like that.
                        -Take battery negative cable off and use one probe on the negative battery post, the other on the negative cable. It'll probably give you a small spark since it's essentially working as a wire now. That also means you don't want to touch positive and negative with the multimeter now. Only do this with the engine NOT running and DO NOT start the engine while the multimeter is connected like this.
                        -Make sure all lights off, including the trunk light, which you will need to unplug or switch off by pressing the trunk switch.
                        -With car completely off (key out of cylinder), read off the current. It should be in the 10s of mA. 40mA or 50mA isn't too bad if you've got an aftermarket radio. Getting into the 100mA range or more means you've got something that will drain your battery too fast.
                        -Pull fuses until the excessive load goes away. Find out what's on that fuse and fix it.

Don't forget to switch the multimeter out of current measurement mode when you're done or you might short something next time.
                        Last edited by cyberkaa; 12-30-2010, 01:09 PM.
                        -Kalim

Comment

So, a bit of good news finally. I got the GT1 laptop running nice and stable now. Had to unload the virus scanner and kill a lot of processes in windows and only then did vmware stop crashing.
                          I also managed to get the VM session talking to the OBD adapter so I should be able to code a car now with DIS now. Going to try it out on the M3 tomorrow.
                          -Kalim

Comment

I don't think anything would split me from my abigail, but..

Think it's for rizzle or what?

1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                            1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                            1974 2002tii / stock
                            2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

thanks guys. we made to Oklahoma last night and stayed with some friends. next stop Santa Rosa NM.
                              HDE30 <3

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                                I don't think anything would split me from my abigail, but..

Think it's for rizzle or what?

I dont know,he keeps telling you to go to his house. I would watch it mike,sounds like a scam.
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Working...
                                X