Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so after i got an alignment my car's steering wheel still shakes a little on the freeway..

my car has new front control arms, new tie rods, new shock and springs top hats, new control arm bushings, i.e. poly steering guibo.

before i got an alignment my tires were pointed in like this / \ so they wore down a bit but still have a lot of threads. anyone think that if i get my front tires balanced it'll make the shaking go away even though they have some wear.

i would rotate them but my rear tires are 205/50/15 and my fronts are 195/50/15.
    any suggestions?

Comment

You're feeling vibration in the steering wheel? Does it feel loose tho, you did replace it with a poly guibo.
      Last edited by E30_Pare; 10-01-2014, 11:04 PM.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

yeah i replaced it with a ireland engineering poly gumbo. only shakes above 65+
        steering feels nice and tight. I'm running no power steering as well.
        Last edited by efficient; 10-01-2014, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Wheel bearings
          sigpic

Comment

+1 on wheel bearings. Easy test is to get the car in the air and try to wiggle the wheels to check for play.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Or remove the seal off the hub and just take a look n you should know if you need to replace , replacing mine this week :)
              sigpic

Comment

If the wheels aren't balanced with the tires the steering will shake at certain speeds (60), guaranteed.
                1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                1974 2002tii / stock
                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by xxla81xx View Post
                  Wheel bearings
                  Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                  If the wheels aren't balanced with the tires the steering will shake at certain speeds (60), guaranteed.
                  +1 on this.
                  @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

1 wheel bearing is new in the front and the other is starting to make noise at low speed. I been meaning to replace the other bearing but been lazy Lol. Maybe I should change it before it freezes up on me like the other one did.

Comment

Yeah...that's a good ideal bro.............. Oh good morning people..
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Sup, this morning, my son, Brian left for San Francisco to join the Tesla team. I wonder if having my mentor and partner working on BMW's leaving So Cal will change my addiction for these wonderful cars.

Cheers,

Jim
                        sigpic

Comment

Good Morning, my godson is selling his wheels, if anyone's interested.

Emil
                          sigpic

Comment

I know you're gonna miss your partner in crime, Jim. I had the opportunity to hang out with him at CBQ, and he seem very excited about the near future.
                            Great things are up ahead of him, so it's a bitter sweet move.

We'll be here for your e30 support, if need be. :D

Good day y'all.
                            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                              I know you're gonna miss your partner in crime, Jim. I had the opportunity to hang out with him at CBQ, and he seem very excited about the near future.
                              Great things are up ahead of him, so it's a bitter sweet move.

We'll be here for your e30 support, if need be. :D

Good day y'all.
                              Thanks Edwin,

These are the times I wish that I was closer to my LA friends. You guys have a great group going on up there. The E30 scene in San Diego is just not the same as it use to be.

Cheers,

Jim
                              sigpic

Comment

The SD scene was already dead when I joined rev. Socale30 was the first forum I flocked too.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Working...
                                X