junk yard in the morning....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

junk yard in the morning....

any one want to join me at sunvalley pic a part for some BMW recon and destory?

id love the company...

looking to hit it around 9a to 10a or so...
    bimmerboltsandparts.com

bring back the neeked broads!!!
    sigpic

So, did you end up finding anything good? I went there the day before (Fri) for my first ever junk yard trip and was solely disappointed. I only saw like three or four old e30s (diving boards) that didn't have anything worth picking up.

I've found the whole experience kind of weird. It was like walking around a morgue looking for good body parts. I can't wait to go back again next time :)

Comment

yeah i got those rotors i was lookin at
      it is so like a morge..thats what i love about it
      i can look at and dicest dead bodies to learn more about bmw engines

every car you can all most smell the people that owned it
      some times their personal belongings are still in the car
      its errie(sp?)...

the ones that trip me out the most are the rescue cut aways
      when you can tell some one got f#cked up in a crash

the sick part about it is im there like 3x a week..
      i m sick w bmws
      gettin my knowledge up to here im feeling like i could compelete a engine swap.

heres a few pics....
      Attached Files
      bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

Wow, 3x a week?! Do they constantly get new cars in enough to go that frequently? Most of the cars I saw there seemed like they were there for a while. I couldn't even freakin' find a cheap-ass Volvo lip I was hoping to pickup just for fun.

Like I said, it was my first ever visit so I though I would have a field day finding whole bunch of cool parts but only to end up carrying around a heavy tote bag of tools with nothing to show for. Nonetheless, it was kind of cool experience.

Comment

the cars change about every 3 weeks...but like i said its as much a information gathering as much as it is part collecting. i learn alot just looking at whats been demoed and i can practice taking stuff apart with out f#ckin up my ride...i still gota figure out how the sunroof works so i can fix it...

what can i say i got a disease for these cars....
          bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

This saturday was definitely e30 day. Say a red one on black weaves, there was a white one with a roof rack and style 5s, there was a 325es with a rack, and a gray 87 sedan.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

damn, if i would have seen this thread i would have totally hit it up with you. i wasn't doing shit on Saturday...
              "get in, get off, wipe your dick off on her sheets and get out."

Comment

I went to the other one on Telfair today and saw a lot more e30s. Mostly stripped of all good parts but at least there was more to look at. There was one late vert that had a weird integrated sideskirt (like shark fins towards the back) that I don't think I've seen before. It also had some Bilsteins and probably lowering springs I couldn't tell what brand. Interesting.

Also, there was a tan leather sport seat in pretty good conditon (one one small rip) if cleaned up. I though about grabbing it but I've already replaced my seats so...

Hey, at least I was finally able to grap a volve lip to mess around with. It looks like it will need bit of cutting etc. to fit and look good. I think it'll be fun to walk around in a small group together in a hunt. There are a lot of other smaller shops around the area that sell parts so maybe take a look at some of these shops as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kikkoman View Post
                  There was one late vert that had a weird integrated sideskirt (like shark fins towards the back) that I don't think I've seen before.
                  Sounds like Zender side skirts, kinda had a tessarosa look to them?

Comment

yeah kikko
                    i been hitting that car up
                    i didnt think about the shock
                    i was gona get the bilistens

is this the car?

me you and will should hit it up this weekend....
                    Attached Files
                    bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

Junk Yards YAYYYYYY!!! Gotta love em although sometimes we hate em.

View my transaction feedback:
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=161185

Comment

Just make sure you guys leave the red sedan alone. Those PB's are mine. At least the front anyway. It has a perfect dash too. I'll gladly remove it for a small fee if anyone needs it. I already have a perfect one sitting in my garage.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

lol einstein... you should join us....
                          i think the dash has already been ripped out...
                          not much left of that ride...some one even got the muralized gas cap cover....
                          it had an LA sky line on it...hella ghetto...

yeah e30wife...its a dam shame but i have come to stalking junk yards....what else can you do in this economy? but then again if i had cash iwould nt drive a 25 yo bmw...id go but a 1 series and be done with it.

you guys up for a jyard raid this weekend? ...i need an excuse not to goto a wedding...lol
                          bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gone002 View Post
                            lol einstein... you should join us....
                            i think the dash has already been ripped out...
                            not much left of that ride...some one even got the muralized gas cap cover....
                            it had an LA sky line on it...hella ghetto...

yeah e30wife...its a dam shame but i have come to stalking junk yards....what else can you do in this economy? but then again if i had cash iwould nt drive a 25 yo bmw...id go but a 1 series and be done with it.

you guys up for a jyard raid this weekend? ...i need an excuse not to goto a wedding...lol
                            even if I had the money, I'd still be driving this 20 yr old shit! LOL I drive it as a choice.

Yeah hitting up the yards intstead of going to a wedding, Thats what Im talkin about!!

View my transaction feedback:
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=161185

Comment

Originally posted by gone002 View Post
                              yeah kikko
                              i been hitting that car up
                              i didnt think about the shock
                              i was gona get the bilistens

is this the car?

me you and will should hit it up this weekend....
                              YES, that's the one! I couldn't tell the ones in the front but the backs are definitely Billies. It looked like someone already tried to take the whole right front strut assembly but decided not to. Someone with a vert should try to grab it.

I also saw at least one crack-free (but not exactly perfect) dash which I really need but didn't have time or the inclination to pry it free. Maybe next time if still available but I'm open to paying einstein a nominal fee for one :)

Lastly, I wished everyone that pull parts do it cleanly so not to break other parts that others might want/need. Just public curtesy and my humble opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X