Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once again, i need your help guys, clunk coming from the rear..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again, i need your help guys, clunk coming from the rear..

Posted it in general tech, but maybe some so cal guys can give me a hand :)

So i looked all around the forums, and google, but never really found anything about what the problem could possibly be, first thought was the wheel bearing but it doesnt seem right for some reason.

First off its a 91 325i Completly stock, no suspension mods or anything. And only has 113k on it..
    Heres the symptoms:
    ONLY hear it when driving at a slow speed (pulling in or out of parking spots or turning out of a stop sign)
    Only hear it when im turning.
    It sounds really simialer to a wheel rubbing on the inside of the wheel well but my car isnt lowered yet.
    Kind of like a clunkclunkclunk sound..
    Cv axles are good, diff is full.
    I know the shocks all around are bad.
    Rear e brake doesnt work, you can pull the handle but the car still rolls so i know the rear breaks need to be replaced..

Thats pretty much it. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks guys
    http://MoHamouiPhoto.com/ ITS HERE GUYS!!

Your CV axles (i.e. half shafts) are probably ok, but the symptoms sound like the CV joints are going. When those wear out, they can produce a clunking sound and the intensity of the sound will vary depending on which wheel is loaded. To say its your rear wheel bearings is a stretch......those would make noise while turning or going straight.

Jon
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

sounds like your drive shaft bushing and support. you only hear it at low speeds and after u hit 3rd the noise is gone right ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i View Post
        Your CV axles (i.e. half shafts) are probably ok, but the symptoms sound like the CV joints are going. When those wear out, they can produce a clunking sound and the intensity of the sound will vary depending on which wheel is loaded. To say its your rear wheel bearings is a stretch......those would make noise while turning or going straight.

Jon
        Thing is though i took a look at the cv's and no rips or tears or anything. but i think the axle seal (or what ever seal its called) in between the hub and axle is leaking grease. could that affect the CV? Is that the same grease thats in the cv boot? thanks man..

Originally posted by alwaysclean View Post
        sounds like your drive shaft bushing and support. you only hear it at low speeds and after u hit 3rd the noise is gone right ?
        i dont hear it litereally after like 5 miles per hour, like i said for example, its only there when im pulling in or out of parking spots, or turning at a stop sign, after that, nothin.
        http://MoHamouiPhoto.com/ ITS HERE GUYS!!

Comment

Working...
        X