Anyone in Bay Area know their wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in Bay Area know their wiring?

Some wires underneath my dash got caught up, twisted, and torn in my steering column this afternoon. So far, my hazard and blinkers are not working. Earlier, my car wasn't starting..Now I fear that this could be dangerous, not knowing what has been disabled. I am going to take pictures of everything that has been torn/ripped off.

I would love it if someone local who knows their electrical stuff/e30 better than myself would give it a little look. (I mainly only know engine/mechanical, not too much electrical).

Please let me know, any help is deeply appreciated. :D

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Damn Sina, if I was in the Bay I would swing by and give you a hand. Unfortunately, I'm back in Davis and back in school. Good luck though!

EDIT: So you only need the wires re-connected or do you need to identify, remove, re-connect, etc?

DOUBLE EDIT: Fuck I feel retarded. Too much lecture and lab today.
    -Pierre
    1987 535is
    1988 325is

Comment

post the photos so we can better help you.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
      ---------------------------------
      89 E30 S52
      Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Here are the photos:
        -green/yellow wire: torn
        -blue/brown: torn off
        -black/brown: torn off

that's all I can see at the moment.
        also, for some reason, even when I tighten the screw under the steering column cover, the cover won't close up the gap all the way, there's that gap between the top and bottom.. :???:
        Attached Files

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Looks like some ground wires for the turn signal stalk or ignition breh

Comment

doesn't look too hard. i would disconnect the battery first. check fuse, replace the one that is blown. take out the dash if you have to. reconnect wires where they broke off from. Gl
            Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

I honestly cannot remove the dashboard.
              Do you guys think that one could re-solder the wires and just plug them back into the connectors?
              This is really not my forte, but I have no choice but fixing it, since it's taking up my family's garage.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

take the steering column cover off and take photos. is it connected to the ignition switch?
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                89 E30 S52
                Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Bernz, me and my dad are looking at that right now.
                  How do I get it off? I removed one philips screw, but its still holding on..
                  Then i took that little plastic slot off, and I saw that there's an orange/yellow plug there...for SRS?

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

posting the wire colors doesnt help us much, we are not going to spend an hour looking through diagrams to find that wire color. follow the wire to where it ends, if it has an end. If it goes through the firewall please post where it goes through.

+1 Also remove the steering column cover, to take the top off you will have to loosen the dash on both sides and pull it up a little

Comment

there are 2 screws on the bottom. then 2 more by the steering column

the top part you have to loosen the steering column held by 2 bolts, i think it's a 13 and a 14. can't remember
                      89 E30 S52
                      Transaction Feedback.

Comment

solder the wires back together and remember to put heat shrink on wire before hand :). soldering is easy
                        "I wanna see da boat movie"
                        "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

^ That's the plan :D
                          However, I'm still trying to figure out how to remove the lower column cover

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Working...
                          X