Avoid this and the like tire shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoid this and the like tire shops

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

just ridiculous
    my local tucker tire
    has amazing deals
    line out the door constantly
    hold there prices
    orders my tires and they arrive the next day
    and has even rebalanced a set of front tires for me for free once

-
    Project
    Parts for Sale
    Feedback
    YouTube Channel

Comment

buhahahahaha!
      [PAKSIW]
      20D .........
      vmwerks :up:
      ryan gmw :up:

Comment

At the end of the report where they say tire shops aren't regulated by California something-something, that means if something similar like this goes down you can't do anything about it price wise? Even if it was a bait and switch?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

thats why I buy tires from people I know who have shops

Comment

That's why you get a written estimate first.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

There are still good tire shops out there of course... I usually buy tires directly from TireRack and have them ship to a good local tire shop that I've been using for years. Local VW/Audi/BMW dealers use them as well, so they do good work and good service!

But this was interesting to see, I've seen their ads on CL all the time with stupid low prices....
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                That's why you get a written estimate first.
                This is a very "loose" word in business terms and is why a lot shops can get away with this kind of stuff without any consequential penalties.

Comment

What's up with that dirty immigrant spitting and immediately taking a hostile stance?!?! I can't stand people like him. People like that need to get a load of buckshot to the ballsack....

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
                    What's up with that dirty immigrant spitting and immediately taking a hostile stance?!?! I can't stand people like him. People like that need to get a load of buckshot to the ballsack....

When do we get to bringout our burning crosses?

Comment

John has no problem with immigrants. Just the mentality of the ones who come here and think they are better then you. Unfortuneately there are a shit ton of them in LA.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by bukaki_bob View Post
                        When do we get to bringout our burning crosses?
                        The fear and reputation of a burning cross would be lost on these major-league asshats! But if anyone's business deserved a fire-bombing, it would be douche nozzles like this who should get a truckload.

I understand that tire stores, like most retail shops these days, face tough competition - from each other and online sales. But to employ shady, bait-n-switch tactics is complete BS. Spitting and defending your shoddy business practice not only makes you look guilty, it's indicative of a third-world mentality. :hitler:

The fact that the video mentions they are from Pakistan urged me to label them, "immigrants". Perhaps you would have felt better if I used the term, "terrorist"?

BTW, as Einstein57 can attest, I am several darker shades away from white myself. But I've long admired your screen name, BB, it makes me chuckle everytime I see it. :up:

Comment

He hit the tire.

Comment

That's messed up but nothing new. Disposal (some places resell you're old usable tires), valve stems (if you need them or not), mounting / balance, taxes, credit card price, etc. There's a lot of room there to get over on an unsuspecting customer. If 7 out of 10 are like the guy in the story who just paid to get out of there, then the shop has accomplished what they wanted.
                            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I fully support what you're saying.
                              ...I was just being a smartass

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
                              The fear and reputation of a burning cross would be lost on these major-league asshats! But if anyone's business deserved a fire-bombing, it would be douche nozzles like this who should get a truckload.

I understand that tire stores, like most retail shops these days, face tough competition - from each other and online sales. But to employ shady, bait-n-switch tactics is complete BS. Spitting and defending your shoddy business practice not only makes you look guilty, it's indicative of a third-world mentality. :hitler:

The fact that the video mentions they are from Pakistan urged me to label them, "immigrants". Perhaps you would have felt better if I used the term, "terrorist"?

BTW, as Einstein57 can attest, I am several darker shades away from white myself. But I've long admired your screen name, BB, it makes me chuckle everytime I see it. :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X