Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I just realized that I am more than half way to having my car to a point where I am happy with it's condition.

Also, that E9 is sweet, I love those things.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
      Wow, I just realized that I am more than half way to having my car to a point where I am happy with it's condition.
      you will always be half way. im still only halfway with my mtech
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
        you will always be half way. im still only halfway with my mtech
        That's true, but I'm super stoked on being able to put my front sway bar back on soon.
        sigpic

Comment

Hello. I need a windshield. More accurately, I need a place that drives out to me, brings a windshield, installs it, and costs a reasonable amount of money. Advice?
          cars beep boop

Comment

I ended up getting my windshield in without a special tool

LIKE A BAUS!

Kronus don't be a puss and DIY
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
            1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
            1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
            1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

i've done it plenty of times on e30s, this is a slightly harder windshield to put in..
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                i've done it plenty of times on e30s, this is a slightly harder windshield to put in..
                ohhhhh... im sure its the same concept?
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

well, no, the windshield is a bunch bigger, so it's relatively weaker and easier to crack on installation. Also, you need to put it in with the gasket on the glass, and the lockstrip already in the gasket, otherwise it's pretty much impossible to get the lockstrip in without fucking it up...

e30 windshields are half an hour with a pair of screwdrivers, no big. This, not so much.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Got full coverage on the car?

Comment

Liability only...
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Aw. Was gonna say my insurance quoted me like 40 bucks for a new windshield installed on the e21 since it has full coverage and It got a gnarly crack on the freeway....

I'm not quite sure I've never dealt with automotive glass businesses.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                          well, no, the windshield is a bunch bigger, so it's relatively weaker and easier to crack on installation. Also, you need to put it in with the gasket on the glass, and the lockstrip already in the gasket, otherwise it's pretty much impossible to get the lockstrip in without fucking it up...

e30 windshields are half an hour with a pair of screwdrivers, no big. This, not so much.

My windshield took a lot longer than that. I'm sure they are all different. My lockstrip was stubborn.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Bout to pick me up a nice no hole exhaust in the A.M. :)

Also my replacement turn signal stalk and my new door cards came in!! IM essited.

BTW anyone know how to fix a jumpy speedometer?
                            SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                            IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                            BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                              Got full coverage on the car?
                              unless your car is worth more than 8k only get liability. paying the extra 1800 a year just isnt worth it for most e30s.
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

God only knows how I'm only paying $250 a year liability on the iS...

Comment

Working...
                                X