Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya the E9 is a GT car. the s14 would but so stupid to have in there. 20h+ of driving that buzzing engine would be hell
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

If i could get 10 sets of 16 inch wheels same size and offset and same face, would there be any interest? It'd be the same wheels as those being sold by ESM. Caps would probably be blank. Not sure about price but I'm guessing it'd be around 500-600 for a set. I'm guessing the mesh style would be the most popular but I need some input. Thanks

Comment

E9s can actually get quite light, can't they?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
          Why the heck would anyone want to put an S14 in an e9?
          i would want to because even an unmodified S14 has more peak power than any of the originally-used engines (excepting the batmobile CSL), and like i mentioned, the front-mid engine thing.

maybe i'm weird *shrug* but it sounds like it'd be a fun car to me.

you'd all probably hate driving my 'vert too, but i love it :P
          past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

DK u have the M42 vert on e38 wheels?
            Much wow
            I hate 4 doors

Comment

yeah, that's my car parked next to the E9. they are pretty much same size; i would be surprised if the E9 were significantly heavier.

edited to save you from paging back:

past:
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                Is that the general attitude then? I'm assuming no insurance will cover track usage, and no one's gonna want to fork over 5-10k or more cash if they fuck up someone's car on the track. What bout people with cars worth 100k+, are they going out there with the risk that they could lose their car with no compensation?
                To touch on this, a lot of companies offer one day insurance. Also, quite a few companies will cover track cars. You just have to find them.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                  To touch on this, a lot of companies offer one day insurance. Also, quite a few companies will cover track cars. You just have to find them.
                  also to touch on this.
                  most cars that run at wednesday night drifts are pretty much drift missiles, so shit happens and theres hardly any finger pointing.

and also to touch on this.
                  it would be really nice to be able to listen to music in my e30

Comment

also, this:

We have automated public weigh scales on the highway between Canmore and Calgary and I finally ran the car (73 CS) over it. Front only, car, rear only and converted from metric - reveals some interesting facts ( to me anyway) and dangerous conclusions. Total weight = 3235lb (with no...

see, i'm not the only one who had the idea. :P
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

yeah, i get it, just a "different strokes" thing. my car probably only barely has an edge on a stock 325i in a straight line, and that's after dumping the cost of your M3 into it.

but, i'm also relatively certain it's the only "ITBd/5-lug'd/torsen-diff'd/hardtop-optioned/"CSL"-package e30 convertible" in the world, and it came out exactly how i wanted it to.

i like to think it's the e30 Colin Chapman would have built. :)

if you are really going to pull that S14 out of your M3, PLEASE keep me in mind when you are looking at unloading it. it is the only engine option i would prefer to what i have now.
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

Originally posted by joonsup View Post
                        If i could get 10 sets of 16 inch wheels same size and offset and same face, would there be any interest? It'd be the same wheels as those being sold by ESM. Caps would probably be blank. Not sure about price but I'm guessing it'd be around 500-600 for a set. I'm guessing the mesh style would be the most popular but I need some input. Thanks

You mean like a bbs rs rep!? AHHH i wouldnt trust my car to reps... I would hate to crack one :( But they are about 50 bucks per wheels from china if you buy 20 sets! lol They better be agressive other wise not ever Craigslist will sell them for you! lol

I would take a set for 300-400MAX lol like 16x9 or so! lol

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Follow my IG @bavarianstance

Comment

Originally posted by dk View Post
                          if you are really going to pull that S14 out of your M3, PLEASE keep me in mind when you are looking at unloading it. it is the only engine option i would prefer to what i have now.
                          Methinks Eric's S14 may be a wee bit tired :( have you dynoed it Eric?

Comment

Originally posted by rob&e30 View Post
                            You mean like a bbs rs rep!? AHHH i wouldnt trust my car to reps... I would hate to crack one :( But they are about 50 bucks per wheels from china if you buy 20 sets! lol They better be agressive other wise not ever Craigslist will sell them for you! lol

I would take a set for 300-400MAX lol like 16x9 or so! lol

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/75..._RS_Style.html
                            Calm down bro

Comment

yeah, i get it, just a "different strokes" thing. my car probably only barely has an edge on a stock 325i in a straight line, and that's after dumping the cost of your M3 into it.
                              I'll race you in my mtech2.

haha you and everyone else has asked for it. Im gonna keep the engine, in storage. PS the average s14 sells for more than 5k now days

idk man. i hate 4 cylinders so much i almost sold the M3. buyer went mia so ill just swap it to something with 2 more cylinders. A smooth 6 in a GT car is pure heaven.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                              Methinks Eric's S14 may be a wee bit tired :( have you dynoed it Eric?
                              it's gotten better now that some miles have been put on it. it's the sound and vibration of 4 cylinders that i hate. it sounds just like an S2000 or a shitty civic.
                              Last edited by Cabriolet; 03-18-2013, 12:13 PM.
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                                Calm down bro

lol what?
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Follow my IG @bavarianstance

Comment

Working...
                                X