This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
    haha you and everyone else has asked for it. Im gonna keep the engine, in storage. PS the average s14 sells for more than 5k now days
    last time i actually found one for sale it was $7k asking (from a yard, not a private seller), but that was 2008 and i don't remember what the mileage on the donor was.

we can race after i get new shocks... i'm still using e36-fitment tokico blues and as i expected, they're at the end of their service life after 4 years. m-coupe koni sports coming after i move.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

i have koni yellows, single adjustbles on my vert and they are freaking sick. got all 4 of them for $300 with Dinan springs. sold the springs and shocks were $33
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Want to do a 3 minute manual swap with my vert? I can pay in the order of a case of beer and lunch. Haha.

3 Minute Manual Swap and Oil Pan Swap

WTB NorCal: Z4 shifter + misc. parts

Comment

Originally posted by dk View Post
          i would want to because even an unmodified S14 has more peak power than any of the originally-used engines (excepting the batmobile CSL), and like i mentioned, the front-mid engine thing.

maybe i'm weird *shrug* but it sounds like it'd be a fun car to me.

you'd all probably hate driving my 'vert too, but i love it :P
          Keep in mind PEAK power is the key word there. Sure it might make more peak HP, but it be a pain in the ass driving a car like that with no torque. It'd be like driving a Toyota Tundra with a 4ag.

Big Six ftmfw.
          sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

Originally posted by Albuquerque30 View Post
            Want to do a 3 minute manual swap with my vert? I can pay in the order of a case of beer and lunch. Haha.
            I wont be doing any more of those for a long time. I still have an issue with cruise control. unless i wire in a switch, i cant get cruise to work like a from factory manual car.
            Much wow
            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by canakami View Post
              Keep in mind PEAK power is the key word there. Sure it might make more peak HP, but it be a pain in the ass driving a car like that with no torque. It'd be like driving a Toyota Tundra with a 4ag.

Big Six ftmfw.
              that is why i made sure to include that word ;)

idunno. i don't think it'd be that much different from an e30 vert with a modified m42, like i have now.

some people think a car like that is a "pain"; i think it "demands focus and precision to be enjoyed".

the e9 is not a yacht like the e24... they aren't that big, people. look at the pic, it's right next to my car!
              past:
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:

Comment

I love my M42. I also love you guys and I also love ESM's. good afternoon all.
                - 98 M3 Cabrio
                Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
                Instagram: @herbreal
                Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

meh m42's are the redheaded step child of the E30 engine options.
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

meh m42's are the redheaded step child of the E30 engine options.
                    Does the drapes match the carpet? Jk. Eric!!! I may need your lending hand. Lets talk this Friday if there's a meet? I wanna pound the alarm on my valence
                    - 98 M3 Cabrio
                    Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
                    Instagram: @herbreal
                    Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

Originally posted by dk View Post

the e9 is not a yacht like the e24... they aren't that big, people. look at the pic, it's right next to my car!
                      the link you posted says it comes in at ~3300lbs. My e24 is ~3450.. e9's definitely a lot closer to that than the 2700lbs weight of a typical M3.

(yes it's a bloody yacht to drive)
                      cars beep boop

Comment

*blink*

I'll admit I didn't see that in the e9forum link, but the first two results I got for googling "e9 curb weight" and looking at 2800s (which is what I parked next to) was under 3000lbs (we agree that's comparable, right?).

I would copy pasta links for you but every time I switch tabs, iOS/Chrome acts like a fgt, refreshes this page, and clears the text input field.
                        past:
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:

Comment

I always forget how ****ing heavy e24s are. I remember driving my friends 635csi after just stepping out of my e28 535is and wondering how they could make the same chassis feel so lardy (Hard to starboard side!!!)
                          sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

R3ved hard

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                              r3ved hard
                              uh oh!

Comment

what happened?
                                cars beep boop

Comment