Clear All

nail polish ;)
    SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
    IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
    BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
      paint-knowing folks - my single-stage AWI paint is speckled with tiny rust dots. Is this salvageable with some sort of process, or does it need a repaint?
      color sand and buff.
      or try just polish.
      usually what happens is small pieces of metal get stuck to the surface and rust on top of the paint

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        paint-knowing folks - my single-stage AWI paint is speckled with tiny rust dots. Is this salvageable with some sort of process, or does it need a repaint?
        Hard to say. I'd start with a clay bar and see what can be removed. Its not a fast process. You might be seeing industrial fall out (Do you live near any railroads or cable cars ect? Perhaps near a refinery?) and the clay bar can remove that. If it does get the paint smooth to the touch (like glass smooth) then you can go back and polish/buff the paint back out and it should look pretty good. You are looking at a good 6 hours of work with the full polish and wax.

If the clay bar doesn't remove the rust specks you are likely in for a more expensive fix.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

well, the car stood outside with a car cover for ~10 years supposedly... I haven't even washed it yet, still working on getting it going. I guess a full detailing is in order, to see what I have to work with. There are a few spots that were badly retouched though, and need attention.
          cars beep boop

Comment

We've got MC Marley Marl in the building!

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by HerbReal View Post
              First week back from spring break and its fucking annoying already.
              Amen. But the class I just got out of has a really hot t/a. Like damn d0e.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I need this!
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                  Amen. But the class I just got out of has a really hot t/a. Like damn d0e.
                  It's the motivational struggle to come to class haha. at least my department has 70% ladies and they're all quite attractive. ugh, I'll miss college.
                  - 98 M3 Cabrio
                  Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
                  Instagram: @herbreal
                  Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                    No they didn't close up shop, the parts client is down while they switch to a new one and I put in my two weeks on Thursday.
                    Ah; tried to go on there and it was shooting me some errors.

You don't know if they still have the iS lip $119 shipped do you Danny?

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                      Ah; tried to go on there and it was shooting me some errors.

You don't know if they still have the iS lip $119 shipped do you Danny?
                      It was 110, and I can still take care of you till the 12th. Email me at Danny@imbmparts.com

Comment

Also, you guys should look for a nice, 5-speed XJ for me. <3000 bucks. I'll be in the market soon.

Comment

Kronus, clay bar it before doing anything else. Do a little section a lot of times to see if it makes a difference at all. It's the safest bet for your paint.
                          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

the rest of the paint is pretty dull and oxidized, pretty sure that will eat the clay bar right away, no?
                            cars beep boop

Comment

Hey guys, im about to ref my 90 with a s50 in it and i was wondering if anybody had experience refing with american river college up in Sacramento. Also if they care about cone filters.

Comment

I need my paint fixed, tons of fine scratches
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                                1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                                1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                                1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Working...
                                X