X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
    yeah last meet was a blast.

what do you guys think about using a generic cat in my e21?

flowmaster has one i can pick up for like 100 and then probably have installed for like 60-100
    this is your only option. you cant get stock.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

welp hope fully it works lol

Comment

Didn't the smog year get bumped to like... Mid 80s? Around like 84 or something

Or we're they trying to pass a law that bumps it?

EDIT:
        1981 and it hasn't been passed yet

Comment

it got rejected, I think, so even worse than not passed yet.
          cars beep boop

Comment

they should bump it...

but i have an 83

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
              Where do I get convertable rear headrest mounts?
              I think the brackets from a sedan w rear headrests will work

Comment

Originally posted by rob&e30 View Post
                wow ac nice! lol You should have stopped by our shop for a fill up its only like 30-40 bucks to fully fill the e30 (your price) lol

I don't think I even had a car w working ac yet..... sux lol (10-15cars later)
                we talking r12 here?

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                  they should bump it...

but i have an 83
                  get this: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/3999451637.html
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Damn. I wish....

I would just want all the s parts lol and the cat

Comment

i just replaced the soft AC lines and the dryer on my mtech, then filled with R134a and oil. omg is it cold. the lines are expensive but so worth it.
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

So now that my car is in halfway decent shape I'd like to do some autocrossing. I figure I should check out the BMWCCA, but are there any other autocrossing groups I should check out for the south bay?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
                          So now that my car is in halfway decent shape I'd like to do some autocrossing. I figure I should check out the BMWCCA, but are there any other autocrossing groups I should check out for the south bay?
                          DONT. autox cost me $1000s in repairs. and your engine should be doing that.
                          i broke a driveshaft, 2 wheel bearings, a slave cylinder, a fuel pump and it eats through brakes, tires, clutch and others.
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

That's some silly advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                              DONT. autox cost me $1000s in repairs. and your engine should be doing that.
                              i broke a driveshaft, 2 wheel bearings, a slave cylinder, a fuel pump and it eats through brakes, tires, clutch and others.
                              how the heck did you manage to break a driveshaft and two wheel bearings autocrossing?
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
                                Come out and run with NORCAL UFO. We have our acts together with minimal amounts of standing around waiting for things to get going. If your car is solid, you should have no issues. If there is an issue, you might find it sooner than you think. I ran my M3 for first half the season last year, no issues whatsoever. I've done several autoX schools, one of which between a friend and I, put over 100 runs on the car in a day. If you are eating brakes, you are using the brakes too much. There shouldn't be any wear on the clutch since you generally shift only once right at the start. Eating through tires depends on where you are running. Street tire will last for a very long time. R compounds run out of heat cycles before they cord (unless you are using the brakes too much and locking the brakes up.)

I've been autocrossing since 2005, all the parts I've broken would have broken anyway, and they have all been 40+ years old. Yes, racing can be hard on parts, but if the car is solid, you won't have any issues. If you do have a weakness, it will eventually show up. Either way said part will need to be replaced at some point. Don't be scared, come on out.

I'm instructing at an autoX school at Sears Point Sept 21 (its a saturday) tons of seat time. PM me if you are interested in attending.

Will
                                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                                X