Clear All

If you ain't first. Youre last.

Comment

why do my brakes cost so much :(
      "I wanna see da boat movie"
      "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
        It sucks to be you. My Datsun is 99.5dB at 150 feet, or so Laguna Seca's sound shack tells me. I've never been hassled about it. I've been hassled over the race numbers, why it has 5 point race harnesses ect, but never because it was too loud.

That really sucks.

Will
        Yeah it does suck. I need to find somewhere to check how loud it is before I go check in with CHP.
        '91 Laguna vert
        '89 Bronzit 325i
        '87 Royal Blau 325 Four door

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
          why do my brakes cost so much :(
          Because m3

Now may be a bad time to mention that a full set of rotors and pf08s for a 325i is about $360

Comment

Originally posted by young_esquire View Post
            Yeah it does suck. I need to find somewhere to check how loud it is before I go check in with CHP.
            You could likely buy a decibel meter at Radio Shack and have someone stand by the side of the road and drive past. You might also have some luck if you know anyone who is into doing stereo competitions, they will likely have a DB meter. I know for a fact that 99.5dbs is loud. You need a very open exhaust system to get that loud. 92db is seemingly pretty quiet.

Good luck with that.

Will
            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
            '88 BMW M3

Comment

My exhaust hit a little over 100db when I had a fist sized hole rusted in my muffler. It would set off car alarms in parking garages. I kinda miss setting off rich kids car alarms in Los Gatos.
              sigpic

Comment

I hate e46 after owning one.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                ---------------------------------
                89 E30 S52
                ---------------------------------
                Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
                  My exhaust hit a little over 100db when I had a fist sized hole rusted in my muffler. It would set off car alarms in parking garages. I kinda miss setting off rich kids car alarms in Los Gatos.
                  I have to admit as douchie as it is I love having an obnoxiously loud car.

When the e21 lost its cat it was just headers to collector pipe and that's it. It was so loud it sounded like a god damn monster truck, and it was slow as fuck with the m10 hahha.

I so miss that hahah. I would leave for work at 5am and everyone in my neighborhood hated my gutts hahahhaahh.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                    I have to admit as douchie as it is I love having an obnoxiously loud car.

When the e21 lost its cat it was just headers to collector pipe and that's it. It was so loud it sounded like a god damn monster truck, and it was slow as fuck with the m10 hahha.

I so miss that hahah. I would leave for work at 5am and everyone in my neighborhood hated my gutts hahahhaahh.
                    Yeah, someday when I have the money and time to do an engine swap I'll do a nice exhaust. I'd like it to be able to be quiet though; I don't want to piss off my neighbors too much.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
                      If I drive the Datsun through any parking garage, every alarm in the place that I pass goes off. Thats in 1st gear at 1500 rpm. The exhaust is more or less an open exhaust with a Borla XR1 resonator at the end. You can see right through the XR1. 2.25" pipe that steps to a 2.5" after the rear part of the X frame.

Now that I think about it, my Alfa GTV was likely a 95db exhaust, only it was a factory built Magnaflow stainless steel system. It really sounded good. My neighbors on one side kept complaining that it was too loud as I'd leave for work at 7am as quietly as I could. Eventually they moved.

At some point I do want to put a Stromung exhaust on the M3, with a VSR stainless center section (with cats) to replace my rusty stock system.

Will
                      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

thanks for finding this eric

Comment

^ I just love the color of your wheels.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                            Because m3

Now may be a bad time to mention that a full set of rotors and pf08s for a 325i is about $360
                            That's what I'm talking about, I'm doing my 325i. came out to 350 with drilled rotors
                            "I wanna see da boat movie"
                            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

I had a rusted exhaust on the '89 325i I bought. So I put in a magnaflow cat with 2.5" pipe back to a 14815. It is loud, but its not that loud. Compared to a prius it sounds like a space shuttle launch. With that said I regularly set off alarms while driving down the street. But the benefit is that people who like to jay walk will jump out of the street when I am a block away. So I argue that I am actually increasing safety.
                              '91 Laguna vert
                              '89 Bronzit 325i
                              '87 Royal Blau 325 Four door

Comment

my stromung cat back sets off car alarms and that is well within the legal limit. but gary has the same muffler as you and man that thing is loud. just get a bigger one put on. they are cheap enough.
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X