Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the z3 rack w/o ps is legit, nirvana on the freeway or at freeway speeds less fun when parking but you get used to it, replace your steering guibo w urethane one of you go this route PS is good too. Also the Z grip is legit

Comment

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
      I sold mine for 800, but then again it had 73k miles and 17lbs injectors and a chipped ecu. Tbelt was replaced at 63k. Ive sold the m20s before without accessories f8r 500.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
      Bought the motor with 150k miles, I replaced

Timing belt and tensioner
      Waterpump
      All the gaskets associated with those
      Head gasket
      Oil pan gasket
      Valve cover gasket
      Thermostat and gaskets
      Rear main
      Clutch t/o pilot
      exhaust gaskets
      Intake gaskets
      Intake boot
      17 lb injectors
      Spark plugs
      Cap
      Rotor

All these parts have less than 2500 miles on them, and I know I'm missing more...

This would also include a five speed tranny, harness with ecu, radiator, cooling hoses, coolant tank sensor etc, power steering pump, ac, engine mounts, intake, airbox....

Literally everything...

I don't see why I wouldn't be able to get $7-800, probably even more, from it.

Question is now... how much does it cost to ship a motor, tranny, and diff from florida to cali?
      Last edited by mbonanni; 10-22-2013, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I know for sure a car would cost 1000 including insurance. Just had a 97 z3 come that way to here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
        ---------------------------------
        89 E30 S52
        ---------------------------------
        Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
          Also has anyone experienced a z3 rack with no p/s? Bad/good? Why?
          steven. you drove mine w/o PS, it's wearing on the body when parking and thats a stock rack. how about looking into electric pump assist. bc with that heavy s50 you will hate life without PS.
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Not really. I drove for a year without power steering and a small momo steering wheel, I survived. On the other hand, might be why my arms are ripped and not because of P90X. Haha!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
            Sigh... PS delete has never made sense to me. 2whp gain, more driver fatigue and less consistency on track, plus you look like a fucking idiot trying to park. I've never had an issue with the amount of steering feedback in an E30, especially with 10 degrees of caster.

Comment

I know for sure a car would cost 1000 including insurance. Just had a 97 z3 come that way to here.
              So I'm assuming $150-$300.. not bad I guesss.

I'm looking at a '92 m30b35 around 120-130k miles refreshed with all new goetze gaskets, 19lb injectors, all new belts etc, newish spec stage 3 clutch and 5 speed tranny, driveshaft, harness, ecu and 3.46lsd. For $600, and I arrange shipping.

I would then need probably all the cooling parts, swap mounts, and exhaust...

Seems a little more than I may want to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                steven. you drove mine w/o PS, it's wearing on the body when parking and thats a stock rack. how about looking into electric pump assist. bc with that heavy s50 you will hate life without PS.
                Pretty sure Danny had z3 and no ps. He switched bsck to ps though.

Steven talk to him.

Comment

No PS w the z3 rack will make your car a monster, no one hand driving except on the freeway, the feedback is stellar, after 2 years no ps im reattaching the pump if it makes any difference

Comment

my dad put 400k miles on his 260Z and those didnt come with power steering. it's very do able with the 4.10 rack. but i can imagine the Z3 would be ok only if it was a weekend/show car. but DD would be hell after a few week. im sure my eta will get a z3 and PS by next summer. but i do see where you are coming from with all those extra hoses and reservoir defeat the purpose of shaving the bay. if you were keeping the m42 im sure it would be just fine. but the added weight of the S50 will be rough.
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

no p/s really isnt all that bad, im not sure why you would delete, but if you dont have power steering its no big deal....

e21 doesnt have power steering and i love it, not hard to park at all.....

even with the 320mm momo i had on it it was fantastic and not even a hassle at 0-10mph.

honestly i cant see it being very much different with the e30, eric yours felt totally fine to me and is not hard to park! lol.

man up, build muscles. but if your removing P/S just to be cool and not for preference thats just the lamez

Comment

On the 24v motors the ps resv mounts onto the engine arm, hoses aren't that visible from the top, just run the ps.
                        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Amazon tho... Blunt can't even match that price o_o

Feedback!
                          Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                          Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

lets just say, if a girl can drive my E with no ps then you should be able to
                            "I wanna see da boat movie"
                            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                              lets just say, if a girl can drive my E with no ps then you should be able to
                              If its a stock rack then fine, a z3 rack is a bit different with no ps

Feedback!
                              Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                              Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                                http://www.amazon.com/Sachs-W0133-15.../dp/B001HRMXFA

Amazon tho... Blunt can't even match that price o_o
                                only $13 cheaper than pelican. And I get next day ship with pelican, cuz location.
                                "I wanna see da boat movie"
                                "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Working...
                                X