This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarHammer 2/1 View Post
    Does anyone see anything wrong with this set? I was thinking about buying it but I'm surprised it's still for sell, I thought euro grills and lights go fast.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=304768
    seems a bit steep. i would almost buy new at at that cost. or at least a cleaner pair
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
      Anyone know how much early 60's Porsche 912's go for?
      912s are shit, literally the poor mans 911

Comment

Anyone know how much early 60's Porsche 912's go for?
        Last I looked you can buy a 911 SC or early 930 for less than a decent 912. The 912s are going up in price and finding a good one is tough. I have a friend with a beautiful silver 912 with a hot Jack Raby built motor in it. Really cool car, but I think I'd rather have a 930 instead.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
          912s are shit, literally the poor mans 911
          Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
          Last I looked you can buy a 911 SC or early 930 for less than a decent 912. The 912s are going up in price and finding a good one is tough. I have a friend with a beautiful silver 912 with a hot Jack Raby built motor in it. Really cool car, but I think I'd rather have a 930 instead.

Will
          Who to believe, who to believe... Haha. I think I can buy it for sub 10k but the engine is in pieces. The good thing is he's a very good friend of ours and not only would he help me put it together, the whole engine is basically brand new...

Feedback!
          Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
          Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

there's a 912 standing near our place, next to another one under a cover. I've been debating leaving a note.

deuce runs
            cars beep boop

Comment

Who to believe, who to believe... Haha. I think I can buy it for sub 10k but the engine is in pieces. The good thing is he's a very good friend of ours and not only would he help me put it together, the whole engine is basically brand new...
              You have money to buy, assemble, build, drive, and maintain an old porsche? And do a 24v swap on an old BMW... And go to college next year?

Spencer probably looks like a tard talking about his pocket change to a high dolla roller lyke yoseellff.

Comment

Originally posted by RCM3 View Post
                If you want to wait a few days Ill have euro grills and smileys that you can buy locally from me. Along with other euro e30 goodies.
                Any extra OEM Euro grilles and I'm in

Comment

Take a quick look on Ebay. Right now there are 14 of them ranging from $54980 down to $10912 (with 18 bids and two days to go) Those were the drivers, there were a couple parts cars the cheapest being a little over $4k. There are 6 911 SCs for under twenty thousand.

Vintage Porsches aren't cheap to keep up even if they are powered by a VW motor.

Will
                  '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                  '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                  '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by One_Eyed Jack View Post
                    Originally posted by One_Eyed Jack View Post
                    I'll have 8 sets of grills, late rear license plate fillers (ill have some early model fillers end of the month), clocks, clusters, and some euro headlamp sets. Everything is OEM, I'll keep you posted, I head up through Sac often too so I could meet you somewhere in the area.
                    -Ryan
                    05/87 Henna M3
                    04/71 Baikal 2002tii

Comment

Originally posted by RCM3 View Post
                      I'll have 8 sets of grills, late rear license plate fillers (ill have some early model fillers end of the month), clocks, clusters, and some euro headlamp sets. Everything is OEM, I'll keep you posted, I head up through Sac often too so I could meet you somewhere in the area.
                      Let me know my friend

Comment

I have driven one and worked on one, they have smaller engines then the 911, they seriously are glorified beetles, after drivin one I would never own it, they are boring

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                        Take a quick look on Ebay. Right now there are 14 of them ranging from $54980 down to $10912 (with 18 bids and two days to go) Those were the drivers, there were a couple parts cars the cheapest being a little over $4k. There are 6 911 SCs for under twenty thousand.

Vintage Porsches aren't cheap to keep up even if they are powered by a VW motor.

Will

that's all speculation, they are not worth that at all, I think its a bit funny people are asking or even getting that for a slower shittier car

plus you cant afford to rebuild it steven...... get real dude

Comment

about 5 years ago there were a bunch for sale in the 9-12k range in goo dd condition.
                          now since that boutique shop in the east coat has started restoring them people are snatching them up

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                            plus you cant afford to rebuild it steven...... get real dude
                            The thing is, all the pieces to the engine are there, and I could probably pay him over time for the car. It's in perfect condition other than the engine. All it will need to run probably is tires, brakes, and put the engine back together (which has new everything and everything was either machined, blasted or powder coated...

Feedback!
                            Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                            Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Sounds to me like you're going to buy it, the 912. Not really looking for anyone elses approval.
                              1991 318is, AWII, Eibach/GC, Koni
                              Riverside CA

Comment

The thing is, all the pieces to the engine are there, and I could probably pay him over time for the car. It's in perfect condition other than the engine. All it will need to run probably is tires, brakes, and put the engine back together (which has new everything and everything was either machined, blasted or powder coated...
                                hey man its your money pit

Comment

Working...
                                X